Author Topic: My take on things  (Read 3933 times)

TriumphForks

My take on things
« on: May 23, 2013, 11:48:47 AM »
1. Ejaculatory anhedonia, though technically correct in meaning, is a misnomer. "Anhedonia" is a psychological term, and I'm fairly certain the contributing factors here are physical.
2. It's most likely not your hormones, even the most stressed, prolactin-rich people achieve orgasm.
3. It's neurological, specifically, it's your pudendal nerves. They're broken and/or have pressure put upon them.

These points align with my symptoms and most of the symptoms I've read here.
Bad news: A good deal of nerve damage is irreversible
Okay news: Certain surgeries are able to take pressure off the nerve if that's the problem
Good news: There's a spinal cord stimulator in development that bypasses skin stimulation and goes straight into your back, you can activate it at will, but it's gonna be costly

My condolences, friends, this is one of the things you're going to have to accept. Find other sources of happiness, they do exist.

runtech

Re: My take on things
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2013, 12:03:02 AM »
In the words of a very inspirational fellow poster  "NeverGiveUP"

People with lower limb paralysis have been known to have orgasms.  So it is not as hopeless as we think.

Wishing you the best friend.

TriumphForks

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2013, 04:26:13 AM »

People with lower limb paralysis have been known to have orgasms. 

The nerves that serve the lower limbs are quite separate from those that serve the genitalia.

sensation

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2013, 04:57:08 AM »
1. Ejaculatory anhedonia, though technically correct in meaning, is a misnomer. "Anhedonia" is a psychological term, and I'm fairly certain the contributing factors here are physical.
2. It's most likely not your hormones, even the most stressed, prolactin-rich people achieve orgasm.
3. It's neurological, specifically, it's your pudendal nerves. They're broken and/or have pressure put upon them.

These points align with my symptoms and most of the symptoms I've read here.
Bad news: A good deal of nerve damage is irreversible
Okay news: Certain surgeries are able to take pressure off the nerve if that's the problem
Good news: There's a spinal cord stimulator in development that bypasses skin stimulation and goes straight into your back, you can activate it at will, but it's gonna be costly

My condolences, friends, this is one of the things you're going to have to accept. Find other sources of happiness, they do exist.

Again, I have to say that physical sexual pleasure not only manifests itself in the genitals, and not only during orgasm. When sexuality works as expected, the experience is much broader. I was able to feel an amazing amount of pleasure. If the problem was only the pudental nerves, why would I not feel pleasure in my other erogenous zones?

I agree that anhedonia has psychological connotations and I don't like the term, either. My hormones and other substances are 'within range' now and before I had this issue. I could even say that I'm a bit healther now, as I went on a diet and my weight is more adequate now. This is one of the problems we have: nothing is detected in standard tests. I think it's neurological and problems in the pudental nerves sound like a feasible theory, even more to those who feel pleasure up to the moment of orgasm. Anyway, I think there must be something else involved, as it makes no sense for me that I feel no sexual sensations on my nipples, for instance. I wonder whether the problem is in the signals 'from the skin to the brain' or in the response signals 'from the brain to the erogenous zones'.

The fact is that after five years, I'm beginning to try and accept that I will have to live with this issue for the rest of my life, as I can find nobody in the medical community who is interested in trying to help us investigate. Yeah, there are other sources of happiness, but... This isn't a nice perspective, above all if you've already enjoyed the sexual experience in the past.

TriumphForks

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2013, 02:16:13 PM »

Anyway, I think there must be something else involved, as it makes no sense for me that I feel no sexual sensations on my nipples

I wouldn't consider the nipples that huge of an erogenous zone. Even before I had this condition, nipples were a slightly ticklish area at the very most.

As for your ideas about underlying problems, that was the exact case for me, as it turns out I have a hereditary nervous problem called HNPP that induces long term numbness even after relatively low pressure. Since I spent a lot of my time sitting down, the pudendal was the victim of this.
My advice is to keep seeking good neurologists, and get an MRI scan from which you can decide your options.

sugarcanethrowaway

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2016, 02:25:19 AM »
Doesn't pudendal nerve damage require pain to be a symptom? Also, just curious, what are your credentials?