Author Topic: My Theory  (Read 38660 times)

lostmojo

Re: My Theory
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2013, 05:01:41 AM »
I was hit by a car when I was about 10 or 11. The point of impact was the abdomen so I have a trauma injury. Everything was functioning fine before the onset of EA about 17 but perhaps the trauma injury made me vulnerable to something going wrong?

I know this is all theory at this point in time but I am heartened by your statement the only "cure" will involve some relatively minor surgery.

needhelpage31

« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2013, 06:07:13 AM »
Chris - I appreciate your continued insight.

Over the past week I've been reading message boards of people suffering from pudendal nerve entrapment or neuralgia. As you said, most of them experience pain. There are only a few posts about lack of sensation.

Please let us know how your conversation goes with this surgeon. You might direct him to this message board, and also to the original one on hisandherhealth.com. That might give him an idea of the scope and reality of this problem.

lostmojo

« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2013, 04:58:45 AM »
Just out of curiosity Chris, how would a surgeon access the area of pudenal nerve entrapment? Where would the incision be?

Chris

« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2013, 03:41:22 PM »
If the point of compression is the dorsal nerve of the penis, the incision would be about 2", horizontal, right over the symphysis pubis, which is directly above where the penis enters the perineum.  If it's more proximal, then we're looking at incisions over lower buttock.  I personally think the former is more common site.  The emails with him are still ongoing.  I will report outcome when we are finished conversing and exchanging ideas.

BTW, I'd like to state that I think whomever termed this condition "EA" did us a disservice.  Anhedonia is a psychological term which is not an appropriate description for I what I believe is definitively a physical disorder.  When people hear this term for the first time, it conjures up all sorts of attributes that have no bearing on our situation.

I also would like to formally ask the forum for more specific insight from across cases.  How many people have some sort of discomfort/pain associated with EA, however slight.  I'd like to get a better sense for what proportion of us have pain of any degree in addition to analgesia (which is more descriptive of our situation).  And also, how many of us have some pleasurable feelings, however mild, during build up, that then extinguish at the onset of what would be normal orgasm.

fireman

« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2013, 12:09:51 PM »
If the point of compression is the dorsal nerve of the penis, the incision would be about 2", horizontal, right over the symphysis pubis, which is directly above where the penis enters the perineum.  If it's more proximal, then we're looking at incisions over lower buttock.  I personally think the former is more common site.  The emails with him are still ongoing.  I will report outcome when we are finished conversing and exchanging ideas.

BTW, I'd like to state that I think whomever termed this condition "EA" did us a disservice.  Anhedonia is a psychological term which is not an appropriate description for I what I believe is definitively a physical disorder.  When people hear this term for the first time, it conjures up all sorts of attributes that have no bearing on our situation.

I also would like to formally ask the forum for more specific insight from across cases.  How many people have some sort of discomfort/pain associated with EA, however slight.  I'd like to get a better sense for what proportion of us have pain of any degree in addition to analgesia (which is more descriptive of our situation).  And also, how many of us have some pleasurable feelings, however mild, during build up, that then extinguish at the onset of what would be normal orgasm.

hi chris
to start the ball rolling....i do suffer from pain but i dont think its connected with ea. i have chronic proctalgia, which , in my opinion, is cramping of the muscles in the back passage. having said that, i ( and nobody else either apparantly ) have no idea what  causes it. it occurs randomly although most often now it is during the night when im asleep. naturally this wakes me as the pain can be unbearably intense.
regarding the analgesia, that seems to be centred on the perineal , testicular and prostate areas. the penis glans do have sensation but unfortunately not of a pleasant type. even oral  sex can make me wince with discomfort.  it can be very - overly - sensitive in a tenderness kind of way, particularly at orgasm. and the climax gives me no pleasure in the prostate area. unless i stimulate it directly with a small anal vibrator. which i dont do often due to fear of setting of a proctalgia. its a lose - lose situation.
all of this has made me understandably slightly anxious about wht is going on, and therefore i guess i try too hard to find some sensation and pleasure. i can live with the proctalgia - just. the pain can cause me to pass out - but the ea is really getting me down. i have a blood test booked for tomorrow for hormone level checks. i THINK my gp is taking this seriously. unfortunately i had have periods of anxiety and depression ( the ea began way before i took any medication ) which was brought on largely by a heart attack and business stresses. but as i have said to the gp, this ea would give ANYONE depression.
your help is much appreciated

fireman

« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2013, 12:25:38 PM »
another couple of thoughts as to possible cause. round about the time of ea appearing i took a short course of minoxidil, to try to stop my oncoming baldness. in the end i gave up and shaved my head!
also, and i know this sounds offbeat, but, i have many fillings in my teeth.
anybody else share these factors?

lostmojo

« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2013, 05:57:33 PM »

The best thing to do would be to put some very specific questions in the http://ejaculatoryanhedonia.com/index.php/board,5.0.html section of this forum.

needhelpage31

« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2013, 11:22:39 AM »
Chris, you asked about pain. On occasion, over the past 12 years or so that I've had this problem, I've had intermittent pain with ejaculation. This hasn't been the case for a long time. But when it was happening, it would feel like a constriction in the prostate.

Fireman's comment inspires an interesting aside. I've PM'd a few members of this board over the years. Three of us exchanged photos. We all have a similar look. Slim build, and receding/thinning hair. (It may not mean anything, but I was surprised by the similarity in likeness.)

michaelsad

« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2013, 06:13:00 AM »
I am very thin and slim too.

deaconblues

« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2013, 05:15:17 PM »
Glad to see such a site like this is here but too bad for all of us that it IS here also.  I've been researching this for like 1/2 year and before that
I just lived with it and felt alone.  Until I found this site last night, I had this problem longer by far then anyone I'd ever seen but I see Chris has had it longer.  I am almost 39 and I've had this problem for a minimum of 23 years and max of 25 years and I've experienced absolutely nothing!  To this day I still remember how good it did feel when orgasms felt good and it sure felt great!  I've been married for almost 7 years but have never told my wife about it, I sorta fake like it feels good unfortunately.  Hearing from friends about how much they want and get sex sorta sucks too because I think how nice it must be to be normal and to have something that virtually all guys get to feel. 

Thanks for sharing Chris, you and I are the longest people I have seen suffering from this wretched problem that I have seen so far.

lostmojo

« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2013, 05:31:20 AM »
I've had EA for 30 years and I think there are other members here who have had it for longer. I told my wife about 14 years ago and I tried to explain it as fully as I possibly could but apparently it didn't sink in. If I don't ejaculate during sex she gets quite down on herself because she thinks I'm missing out on something but I definitely told her I feel close to nothing, that was 14 years ago, now it's even worse as I definitely feel nothing.

In relation to physical build as raised by needhelpage31, I also have a slim build. I'm not skinny as I've worked very hard at building myself up over the years but I have extreme difficulty in gaining weight. I wonder if narrow hips is a factor, could that mean that the pudenal nerve is less protected?

Chris

« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2013, 01:16:12 PM »
Another interesting observation.  BTW, the way things are discovered in science is first via simple observations, which then lead to hypotheses that can be tested.  The slim build is an interesting observation because it lays the foundation for anatomical similarities in men with EA and the heart of my theory is anatomical variation.  I happen to have a slim build as well and only recently have started to gain weight.  I am 5'11", 180# but in my younger years I was 20-30# lighter.

What can a slim build predispose towards?  First off, less lean and fat weight on the buttock can certainly make it more likely for the pudendal nerve to become entrapped from long hours sitting or cycling.  Secondly, I have often wondered if "tension" on the dorsal nerve of the penis plays a role in men whose penis size differential (flaccid vs. erect) is significantly above average, i.e. if the penis length increases by more than 3X for example from erection, one would expect more tension on the nerve in the erect state, this can predispose towards compression.  Finally, slim build may impact the pelvic bones themselves, perhaps contributing to compression where the nerve comes close to the pubic bone.  These are some examples of how body shape and size could play a role.

JPH

« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2013, 03:08:32 PM »

I am able to feel some pleasure during build up that then subsides once I orgasm. During orgasm I do feel some tension. Also, I have a slightly larger buttocks than other slim guys and I have spent many hours at a time playing PC games.

deaconblues

« Reply #28 on: May 13, 2013, 06:47:35 PM »
I do not fit nor have ever fit in the skinny range.  I am 5'11", 240 lbs and have always been between 230-280 for pretty much my whole
adult life.

Kstat

« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2013, 05:10:37 PM »
Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum. I didn't see an introduce yourself area so I thought I'd post here. Anyway, I'm a woman who suffers from the female form of this. Is it alright if I post on this forum? I have yet to see a similar group of females talking about this on the internet. I've actually been lurking here for a while, but have finally got the courage to post.  :P

This thread was what got me to post. It's nice to know there might be a simple physiological answer for some people with this issue, even if it's not the case for me. I'll post again to write more detail of my specific situation but just wanted to make sure it was ok if i talked on here.