Author Topic: l-tyrosine  (Read 1527 times)

Harvey

l-tyrosine
« on: June 15, 2012, 11:36:25 AM »
Hi All

I started taking l-tyrosine about 2 weeks ago (capules, 1 a day. Each capsule contains 500mg) and I really think I can feel things happening around my crutch area. I'm not sure how to describe whats going on but some muscles are harder to compress.

I have suffered with EA since I was 15, now Im 48. (apart from a small remision when I was 23). So I have not felt an orgasm for over 20 years.

However, the other day I jerked off and the muscle that normally compresses on ejaculation was slower to do so, and I felt the sweet feeling of maybe an orgasm in between the muscle starting to compress and the ejaculation; or  definately something like it. It only lasted for a fraction of a second, but I now feel like a solluton for me cant  be far away; and after womdering after 20 years whether I would ever feel an orgasm again.

I seem to have a dopermine defficiency, as I have Restless Leg Syndrome.  Since taking the dopermine, that has reduced a lot too.
I'm also in that category of people who are borderline depressive. I dont react strongly to enjoyable situatons, life seems muted etc.
I've never had  surgury, no antidepressents, no drugs, just a social drinker. 

So Im not cured yet but for me l-tyrosine capsules seem to be improving things gradually. I also wonder how I would respond to cabergoline, in light of that article highlighted by Michael. I need a doctors prescription for that, which I might be able to get but I cant just buy it.

PLease chip in with your thoughts

searchingforcure11

Re: l-tyrosine
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2012, 01:08:23 PM »
Ya I believe the tyrosine increases dopamine in the brain.  I am on ritalin and its helping me quite a bit.  I have noticed more intense erections and sensation is improving and have had much more pleasure during ejaculation now.  Adderall works better though and lasts longer.  It seems like alot of us respond positively to supplements/drugs that increase dopamine. 

hopepleasure

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2012, 05:28:15 PM »
harvey you describe the same feeling i have i dont react normally to enjoyable situation. More over i have tried l tyrosine for 3 month i cant really say that it helped me or not cause ive mixed it with other suplement but one recovery period with almost normal orgasm has come after this using of l tyrosine and taking rest and one supllement i use ginseng kola etc... in small bottle.

i think i have also dopamine defficiency.

it also happen to me to feel like u describe as a fraction of second pleasure one pleasure that is verry short like the beggining of an orgasm then things disseapear.

well im gona try ritalin i will ask my doctor.

do you feel better into react to positive things in the life with l tyrosine?

searchingforcure11

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2012, 06:10:35 PM »
Try to get adderall.  I know that works better because I have used it.  But Ritalin is pretty decent too.  I am going back to doctor and going to let him know adderall worked better for me then Ritalin and try to get it.  We are not drug addicts just trying to feel normal pleasure.  I think he will work with me.  I would try adderall first and if he says Ritalin is all he will give then give that a try. 

NoFun

• Global Organizer
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2012, 11:25:31 PM »
I have suffered with EA since I was 15, now Im 48. (apart from a small remision when I was 23). So I have not felt an orgasm for over 20 years.
I seem to have a dopermine defficiency, as I have Restless Leg Syndrome.  Since taking the dopermine, that has reduced a lot too.

So you're taking a dopamine agonist for RLS now? Mirapex?

I tried Mirapex because of it's prosexual side effects, but chickened out of when I upped the does too quickly and had an awful night of projectile vomiting.

I've tried tyrosine too, and in particular, just before sex. I get a marginal improvement in arousal.

Your story sounds similar to mine. Similar with the onset and duration of AE, and the general muted emotion. I've always felt that I'm playing with half an emotional deck, and just don't feel the stronger emotions. I did have some strong depression briefly when I upped my thyroid dose to where I stopped secreting TSH - though I don't think that the thyroid hormones were above the reference range at that point. To some extent, I wonder if that depression was a good thing - actually connecting to my emotions, for once. I had fairly good reason to be depressed at the time - in fact I'd spent a lot of time with the same reasons, but that was the first that I really felt the sadness, instead of just frustration or anxiety.

Harvey

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2012, 03:54:30 AM »
To answer a few questions,
hopepleasure I dont feel much difference in my reaction to positive things, it might be a bit better but difficult to say.

Nofun, no the resestless leg syndrome can be a nuisance, but Im not so motivated to get it cured as the EA. However it was a usefull indicator in pointing to a dopermine deficiency. (I was interested when someone here also said they had RLS) I saw that Tyrosine was used by people here, did indeed put dopermine in the system, to give it a try as those are tablets we can buy in a shop in the uk.

I wll try to get those drugs, particularly adderall or ritalin.