ejaculatoryanhedonia.com
August 29, 2014, 05:59:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Numbness in big toe - related to spine/nerves?  (Read 2974 times)
needhelpage31

« on: April 23, 2012, 09:13:56 PM »

Ok guys, I took a trip overseas for a week. While there, I walked and walked and walked. The big toe of my right foot became numb. I figured it must have been from my shoes.

I've been back a couple weeks - and it's still numb.

Reading online, I've learned that this can be caused by pinched nerves in the pelvis or spine. It makes me wonder about pudendal and sacral nerves, etc.

So today I visited my chiropractor. I've seen him from time to time since throwing out my back while golfing 10+ years ago.

I've discussed EA with him, and he said there may be something to nerve compression/entrapment leading to dysfunction. He adjusted my back today, and said that the part of my spine where the sacral nerves are found is sore, and could be the cause of the toe problem. (And maybe the EA.)

My toe is still numb, but I'm icing my back even as I write this. And I'm going to see him a few times over the next month, to try and fix up my back.

Has anyone else had numbness in the legs or feet?

Also, I thought this was interesting, as it relates to the neuromodulation of the spine, which I just posted about. Figured I'd throw it out there.
NoFun
Global Organizer

« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2012, 01:12:26 AM »

I've discussed EA with him, and he said there may be something to nerve compression/entrapment leading to dysfunction. He adjusted my back today, and said that the part of my spine where the sacral nerves are found is sore, and could be the cause of the toe problem. (And maybe the EA.)
Has anyone else had numbness in the legs or feet?
Maybe I should go and see a chiropractor. I went once when I was having a back issue, and it was rather magical. He just lifted one side of my hip up with a little rotation, and the muscle that was cramping stopped.

As for numbness and nerve entrapment, I do back stretches in various ways, and one day by stretching out and flattening the middle of the spine, I caused numbness in the pelvic region that lasted for a few weeks. Not total, but maybe 20% of the region. At the time, Google had a 3-d human body, where you could peel away layers. I peeled it down to the nervous system, and lo and behold, the spot where I was numb was fed by a nerve originating right where I was flattening out my back.
needhelpage31

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2012, 06:06:55 AM »

How long ago was this?

Or, more to the point, what was the timing of your back injury, compared to EA?
NoFun
Global Organizer

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2012, 11:36:20 PM »

How long ago was this?

Or, more to the point, what was the timing of your back injury, compared to EA?
I've had EA for thirty years. The numbness was maybe 6 months ago.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: