Author Topic: Update on possible new treatment, from Dr. Goldstein  (Read 14196 times)

AlBrown

Re: Update on possible new treatment, from Dr. Goldstein
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2012, 05:58:14 PM »
In terms of cost, for Pudendal Nerve imaging an MRI by Dr. Hollis Potter in NYC is a good alternative to an MRN since it is accepted by most insurances.  I had one and it was pretty spot on with my symptoms.  BlueCross covered it no problem with a script wrtten by my urologist. 

hopepleasure

« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2012, 11:18:50 PM »
just wanted to say thank you to needhelpage31 because you have taken the time to have information from doctor golstein.

Did he mentioned to you someone who tried the device and success curing EA ?

my doctor told me i had nerve dysfunction in the area.

so electricity stimulation in the area seems to be interesting into exiting nerves and make them responding to pleasure sensory.

Chris

« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2012, 11:12:27 AM »
This seems like a logical approach.  I know some folks have use electrical stimulation from a TENS unit to achieve "hands free masturbation"  And if you're neurologically intact it can be quite a supplemental way to achieve stimulation and orgasm.  I would predict that those of us suffering from AE would not benefit in any meaningful way from penile or perineal electrical stimulation since the "lesion" is upstream, along the pudendal nerve, and the signals probably won't cross now matter whether they're accomplished via tactile or electrical stimulation....however, how about placing electrodes over S2-S4 (upper buttock)?  Has any one tried this with a TENS unit?  I'm just not sure how well the currents will propagate through the skin and sacral bone...obviously an implanted electrode in the neural foramina will work much better, but this might yield some minor results.  Let us know if any one has tried this, successfully or not.

Michael

« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2014, 08:13:09 PM »
NeedHelp,

Any update/feedback on this technology?

For those that do not know, NeedHelp posted his story in 2007 on hisandherhealth.com, and things evolved to here.

Thanks for continuing to share your experiences.

-Michael

needhelpage31

« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2014, 07:38:31 PM »
Hello, Michael. How kind of you to remember that first post seven years ago. I felt so alone. Those responses and this message board (which another fellow-sufferer began) at least give me confidence that there are many of us with this problem.

I haven't spoken with Dr. Goldstein in several years.

Personally, I had half a dozen better experiences in 2013. But 2014 has been a total bust. I don't know whether my problem is due to my spine, pelvic floor tension, brain chemicals, or what. In fact, I'm so much worse off than I was before, I wish I could go back 10 years and have that body back again. (At least then I felt pleasurable buildup and no "finale." Now I usually feel nothing. And sometimes it's uncomfortable.)

So back to your question, I never heard how this turned out. I could check.

Has anyone else talked with Dr. G?

searchingforcure11

« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2014, 09:10:48 PM »
Hey I am still taking the Adderall.  I am not 100 percent cured but I would say 75 percent of the time I experience a pleasureable orgasm.  The build up is incredible though and feel pleasure a lot during the build up to orgasm.  When I don't have a good orgasm I think its just not releasing at the correct moment like just a tad off and I don't feel the release.  But the pleasure during build up has helped me be able to control and release at the right time.  Last week I had about 4 or 5 straight good ones over the course of a few days.  Well just thought I would update everyone as I was on this board years ago and was searching and searching and stimulants have helped me. 

gdop

« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2014, 08:32:27 AM »
searchingforcure11, thanks for staying with us in spite of beeing cured! :)

Jabele

« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2016, 07:41:20 PM »
Hey guys,

I've lurked on the board a while and stumbled across this...anyone try this or hear updates on whether this helps?

needhelpage31

« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2016, 06:05:49 AM »
I haven't heard or seen anything about this in several years.