Author Topic: no reaction in the area  (Read 41520 times)

hopepleasure

Re: no reaction in the area
« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2012, 05:29:24 PM »
ive found interesting thing

overview.

Orgasm is a neurologic response to sexual stimulation. Sensory input from smell, touch (in particular, the penis), taste, sight and hearing passes along sensory nerves to specialized portions of the brain, called the limbic system. The limbic system influences the endocrine system and the autonomic nervous system and is highly interconnected with the brain's emotion center, behavior center and pleasure center, all of which play a role in sexual function. When sufficient input messages are received in limbic brain centers, in particular, the thalamus, there is a release of a large amount of neurochemicals that induces an orgasm. During orgasm in a man, brain scans showing a temporary deactivation in the metabolic activity of a large part of the left cerebral cortex with increased metabolic activity in the right brain in particular the limbic area of the brain.

During orgasm, there are downward motor signals that result in quick cycles of muscle contraction in the pelvic muscles that surround the pelvic floor. Orgasms are often associated with other involuntary motor actions, including muscular spasms in multiple areas of the body resulting in body movements and often vocalizations are expressed.

In addition, during orgasm there are upward neurologic signals to the cerebral cortex. These signals result in a general euphoric sensation that is characterized by an intense pleasure.

Men who have pleasure dissociative orgasmic disorder or orgasmic anhedonia know they are having an orgasm but do not have the ability to experience any sense of pleasure from the orgasm.

Causes.

It is thought that men with pleasure dissociative orgasmic disorder or orgasmic anhedonia have a dysfunction in regulation of the brain neurochemical dopamine in the region of the brain’s reward center, the nucleus accumbens. This region of the brain is thought to play an important role in reward, laughter, pleasure, addiction, and music.

Pleasure dissociative orgasmic disorder or orgasmic anhedonia may be caused by psychologic issues such as depression or drug addiction, or by physiologic issues such as high levels of prolactin, low levels of testosterone, use of medications such as SSRI antidepressants, chronic medical problems such as spinal cord injury, and chronic fatigue syndrome.

Treatment.

Should pleasure dissociative orgasmic disorder or orgasmic anhedonia cause personal distress, a combined psychologic and physiologic sexual medicine evaluation should be considered.

Psychologic approaches to improving orgasmic function focus on the man exploring psychologic factors such as hypoactive sexual desire disorder, depression, poor arousal, anxiety, fatigue, emotional concerns, past trauma and abuse history, cultural and religious prohibitions feeling excess pressure to have sex, or a partner's sexual dysfunction such as genital pain. Sex therapy involves teaching the use by couples of manual or vibrator stimulation during intercourse. Sex therapy may focus on mindfulness strategies and yoga exercises. Sex therapy also assist the man to examine and realign expectations of orgasm. Emotional intelligence, or a knowledge of one’s own mood or sense of being is important for orgasm function.
 Physiologic approaches to improving orgasmic function focus on ruling out contributing medical causes, such as switching medications if appropriate. Blood testing should be considered for sex hormone levels such as testosterone, sex hormone binding globulin, dihydrotestsoterone, LH, FSH, estradiol, prolactin, and TSH. These blood tests will assess testicular function, pituitary function and thyroid function. Medications that may help with orgasm function include dopamine agonists (drugs that raise dopamine), oxytocin, phosphodiesterase type 5 inhibitors and alpha-2 receptor blockers such as yohimbine hydrochloride.

In many cases the combined psychologic and physiologic approaches to resolving the pleasure dissociative orgasmic disorder or orgasmic anhedonia make the most sense.

hopepleasure

hopepleasure

« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2012, 07:20:45 PM »
i put the video on this page for people who hasnt seen it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96irtWfMUTc

andrew_b

« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2012, 10:22:51 AM »
Thanks for the video and the interesting article hopepleasure. It's the "strange sex" episode I've heard about but its the first time I've seen it and its great to see a fellow sufferer actually talking about his situation. The article was interesting and seems to strongly implicate dopamine dysfunction as a main factor which does seem to be the case in a lot of our experiences, in fact I think it is also a general hormone imbalance that seems to be involved.

hopepleasure

« Reply #34 on: February 03, 2012, 07:47:06 PM »
thats true i think also that dopamine is involved in this lack of pleasure  and ive to say that my hormones T arenot that high.

this month ive had a bearly good results i mean 50 per cent of feeling that i used to feel in orgasms sometimes less sometimes better.

recently ive had dull experiment ejaculation without pleasure. ive a cold right now.

when i started my sinusitus ive had like black out in my mind. i notice that i can more imagin thing right now i mean image go through my head.

even if i feel like robot without emotion as they used to be.

dont know what to try right now. i still taking ginseng kola gimgember every day in the morning with some orange soda maybe the buble help

the product to go quickly in my brain.

anyway thats three days that i dont enjoy masturbation.

hopepleasure

« Reply #35 on: February 04, 2012, 09:23:43 PM »
Now its 4 day without any sensation. Maybe to cold to feel something. By the way i sleep but not in the right time i sleep at 6 in the morning. so maybe my brain cant create chemical thing i need to feel good. I hate that robotic behaviour . Smiling without feeling anything so ive a mask i look good but im not. If i had to choose between feeling alive and habing orgasms i would maybe choose to feel alive. Im affraid to loose my identity cause nothing interest me or choq me. Im like a ghost anybody feels that in addition of ejaculation anhedonic?  I cant enjoy the moment.

andrew_b

« Reply #36 on: February 05, 2012, 07:34:48 PM »
It's almost certainly a hormone imbalance. Falling asleep at 6 in the morning points to cortisol dysregulation and feeling like a ghost which I sometimes do is likely connected to dopamine, but its probably down to a general imbalance and lack of control of many hormones and neurotransmitters due to adrenal fatigue and maybe sluggish liver.  Another common issue seems to be high levels of estradiol which is a type of estrogen. I've read that unless your levels are mid range then you can suffer with anorgasmia and penile numbness which might explain why jrsousa's sensations improved initially on the anti estrogen drug but then got worse as the estradiol went too low, so its all about balance where hormones are concerned. It seems there are a lot  of aspects of modern life that are causing excessive stress on us and producing serious hormonal imbalances in many people. I've come to think that its this which is causing our problems and I think the best way to address it initially is through good nutrition with super foods like chlorella and royal jelly and healthy diet. Removing environmental stressors is another thing needing doing. I recently got rid of my low energy light bulbs and DAB clock radio and can honestly say feel noticeably better for it.  Low energy bulbs give out a lot of UV energy and are known to be able to cause lupus among other things, and since replacing my digital radio alarm clock with a good old fashioned fm radio I'm sleeping like a baby which is great.

hopepleasure

« Reply #37 on: February 05, 2012, 07:54:46 PM »
DELAYED ORGASM OR MUTED ORGASM

Delayed orgasm and muted orgasm are particularly troublesome sexual problems. The true prevalence of these disorders is not well studied. The diagnosis of an ejaculatory or orgasmic problem is established by history. These problems are common in men who have decreased feelings in their genitals, history of excessive alcohol use, symptoms of androgen insufficiency syndrome such as muscle weakness or depression, diabetes or take medications that are inhibitory to sexual activity such as selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRI’s). Delayed ejaculation is also a common problem of the aging male. Like premature ejaculation, the problem is manifested with the partner as well as the patient, as fatigue before sexual release is common. In some cases ejaculation is only able to be achieved with masturbation, and vaginal ejaculation is either difficult or not possible. Since ejaculation requires sympathetic nerve activity, surgeries that interfere with sympathetic nerves, such as retroperitoneal lymph node dissection or surgeries involving aortic reconstruction can interfere with ejaculation. In younger men with this syndrome, the problem is expressed by difficulty with fertility. Validated questionnaires may be completed for assessment of ejaculatory disorders.

Physical examination in patients with such complaints may reveal diminished penile sensation. Hormone testing is indicated in men with ejaculation disorders to measure the "calculated free testosterone" level. In addition, diminished sensation is associated with thyroid disorders, for which TSH should be measured. Neurologic testing such as quantitative sensory testing is strongly recommended to objectively assess the integrity of the dorsal nerve.

Dopamine Agonist Therapy for Erectile Dysfunction

Dopamine agonist therapy may be helpful to men with erectile dysfunction (ED) including low sexual interest (HSDD) and orgasm problems. This is a particularly helpful treatment for men who suffer from depression, have been treated for cancer or have high levels of prolactin. Sexual behavior is modulated by a number of central nervous system neurotransmitters including dopamine. Dopamine agonists have been reported to improve sexual function. It is postulated that the increased levels of dopamine in the brain from dopamine agonists facilitate sexual functions including sexual interest and orgasm. These changes are induced, in part, by the action of sex steroids (estrogen, testosterone, progresterone) and by the central neurotransmitter dopamine that may play a critical intermediary role in the central regulation of sexual arousal and excitation, mood, and incentive-related sexual behavior.

Bupropion is a dopamine agonist anti-depressant with fewer reported adverse sexual effects than traditional selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors and therefore clinically useful as an antidote to anti-depressant-associated sexual dysfunction. Researchers assessed the effectiveness of management strategies for sexual dysfunction caused by anti-depressant medications. Compared with serotonin reuptake inhibitors, the dopamine agonist bupropion has revealed less desire dysfunction and less orgasm dysfunction and superior overall satisfaction with sexual functioning while no differences were found in self-reported sexual function, number of erections, total erection time or penile rigidity in healthy subjects taking bupropion compared with those taking placebo or baseline.

Treatment with a dopamine agonist such as cabergoline, a potent and long-lasting dopamine agonist is of particular benefit in certain men, especially those with high levels of prolactin. In one study of hyperprolactinemic men, 6 months of treatment with cabergoline normalized testosterone levels, thus restoring and maintaining the capability of normal sexual activity. In another study, investigators compared the effects of chronic treatment with cabergoline and bromocriptine on sexual function in hyperprolactinemic males and found in men with prolactinomas that cabergoline normalized prolactin levels and improved sexual function earlier than bromocriptine treatment.

Nickel and colleagues studied men with psychogenic ED and no elevations in prolactin. Cabergoline treatment resulted in improvement in erectile function, sexual desire, orgasmic function, and the patient's and the partner's sexual satisfaction. Safarinejad reported that cabergoline is effective in salvage therapy for sildenafil non-responders.

In summary, dopamine agonist pharmacologic agents such as bupropion, bromocriptine, cabergoline, apomorphine, and Parkinson-type drugs such as L-dopa, pergolide, pramipexole, and ropinrole may be helpful in men with sexual dysfunction

hopepleasure

« Reply #38 on: February 05, 2012, 08:05:43 PM »
ive been looking for the number and web site of sandiego sexual medecine hospital where doctor irwin goldstein works.

the doctor you have seen on the video ive put.

ithink if some of u live in california or near from san diego they may call hsopital and ask for there hability to cure ejaculatory anhedonia. i hope one person will do that cause actually i cant im too far to try this i put the coordonate there.

San Diego Sexual Medicine At Alvarado Hospital

6719 Alvarado Road, Suite 108

San Diego, California 92120

phone: (619) 265-8865

fax: (619) 265-7696

http://www.sandiegosexualmedicine.com/index.php?page=home.

andrew its maybe due to hormonal imballance or nerve disfunction.

if somebody could get some information. did the doctor success in curing the guy (  SCOTT) in the video who suffers from ejaculatory anhedonia.

i hope somebody will do that. do they have made progress into Dopamine promising medecine.

hopepleasure

« Reply #39 on: February 12, 2012, 08:18:44 PM »
yesterday was good 7/10 orgasm

today 4/10.

nobody tried to contact san diego hospital?

forum used to be more alive before.

hopepleasure

« Reply #40 on: February 15, 2012, 11:25:09 PM »
14/02/12

first ejaculation was dull but after i had 2 really good orgasm then one other dull.

15/02

two ejaculation without pleasure but pleasure during intercourse

im taking chineese medecine.

Searchin4answers

« Reply #41 on: February 19, 2012, 10:34:42 PM »
ive been looking for the number and web site of sandiego sexual medecine hospital where doctor irwin goldstein works.

the doctor you have seen on the video ive put.

ithink if some of u live in california or near from san diego they may call hsopital and ask for there hability to cure ejaculatory anhedonia. i hope one person will do that cause actually i cant im too far to try this i put the coordonate there.

San Diego Sexual Medicine At Alvarado Hospital

6719 Alvarado Road, Suite 108

San Diego, California 92120

phone: (619) 265-8865

fax: (619) 265-7696

http://www.sandiegosexualmedicine.com/index.php?page=home.

andrew its maybe due to hormonal imballance or nerve disfunction.

if somebody could get some information. did the doctor success in curing the guy (  SCOTT) in the video who suffers from ejaculatory anhedonia.

i hope somebody will do that. do they have made progress into Dopamine promising medecine.

I called his office recently and they arranged a short telephone interview with Dr Goldstein. I spoke with him a few days later about my issue. He said he had several treatment options and has successfully treated men with my condition before. I will be having some hormone levels checked soon and I will take those results with me when I see Dr Goldstein. Hopefully in early April. It will end up costing me a couple of thousand dollars (including airfare, room & food) plus his costs which should be around $1200 for me.

hopepleasure

« Reply #42 on: February 20, 2012, 03:54:18 PM »
Searchin4answers >> what you are doin is verry good i hope u will success into curing your self and by the way you might open the opportunity for others to try this by sharing ur futur  experience.   I hope u will keeP us informed.  I haven t had orgasm even during intercourse lately. Its seems to be a randoom risponce even with the chineese medecine im takin.                       

hopepleasure

« Reply #43 on: February 27, 2012, 05:47:40 PM »
yesterday ive had 4 ejaculation 3 of them was little bit pleasurable 3/10 and one  was good 7/10 ive had not strong but enough sensation in the right part of my penis after ejaculation.

today two trial and no sensation .

hopepleasure

« Reply #44 on: March 01, 2012, 06:41:35 PM »
even during intercourse no pleasure during ejaculation ive stoped takin 1 week ago the ginseng + kola + gingember but i still takin another kind of energy boost with ginseng and chineese plant.