Author Topic: Body dysmorphia  (Read 5293 times)

empathy121

Body dysmorphia
« on: July 13, 2011, 11:00:04 AM »
I wonder if body image issues have a part to play in this...
I am still convinced that our issue is rooted in a learned muscle tension problem of the pelvic floor muscles.
To cut to the chase, I recognise in myself that I strain slightly to make my penis bigger ie I'm never fully satisfied with the size of my penis flaccid so try and make it bigger.
I wonder if this is confounding the already established pelvic floor tension. I also wonder if I don't really have an issue with penis size at all and that the learned tension encourages me to maintain these habits.
I know that the penis size thing is entirely psychological as I know I am at least average sized! but nonetheless it is clearly an issue to me. Never being happy with my chap's relaxed state so that I tense it slightly to make it grow I believe has fuelled the tension problem. Maybe, at least for me, this psychological block could be inhibiting my cure and I should learn to let it go so that the underlying physical problem can sort itself out!
Does this touch a nerve with anyone or am I alone here?
empathy
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 11:03:08 AM by empathy121 »

Saul

Re: Body dysmorphia
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2011, 11:27:55 AM »
I have something I would say is akin to body dismorphic disorder, so you may be on to something there.
I causes me to focus not on something other than the body I have, somewhat detatching myself from the real stimulus going on.

To clarify a little I am quite odd and possibly a bit of a sadist in that I find the general workings of the human body absolutely repellent. I am disgusted by a lot of the basic processes and furthermore pissed off by the fact that we can only see a tiny fraction of the electromagnetic spectrum, can only exist withing in an extremely narrow temperature and pressure range without dying, and we are subject to all manor of problems as a result of poor evolutionary engineering.
This comes down to "common sense duality." We all feel like we are not just our body, but something inside our body. We are a pilot just behind our eyes... In reality we are not, we are just out bodies, but unfortunately no amount of rational thought can seem to shake the idea that we SHOULD be far much more.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 08:16:41 AM by Saul »
EA Dates:
No recollection of orgasm ever
Medical Conditions:
Depression 17-28
Sleep disturbances 19-28 (excessive sleep)
IBS 0-28
Hayfever 0-28
Lactose Intolerance 21-28
Drugs taken:
20-21 Fluoxetine 40mg, 21-23 Venlafaxine 75mg, 24-26 Fluoxetine 40mg Lamotrigine 200mg, 15/07/12-Now Agomela

Saul

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2011, 04:34:21 AM »
Also I can identify with the type of tensing which causes a slight increase in pressure in the penis resulting in a very small increase in size.
This unfortunately happens automatically everytime I touch my penis and is a specific muscle reaction that I have been trying to relax. Unfortunately it is extremely slow progress.
EA Dates:
No recollection of orgasm ever
Medical Conditions:
Depression 17-28
Sleep disturbances 19-28 (excessive sleep)
IBS 0-28
Hayfever 0-28
Lactose Intolerance 21-28
Drugs taken:
20-21 Fluoxetine 40mg, 21-23 Venlafaxine 75mg, 24-26 Fluoxetine 40mg Lamotrigine 200mg, 15/07/12-Now Agomela

NoFun

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2011, 02:46:12 AM »
I wonder if body image issues have a part to play in this...
To cut to the chase, I recognise in myself that I strain slightly to make my penis bigger ie I'm never fully satisfied with the size of my penis flaccid so try and make it bigger.
I know that the penis size thing is entirely psychological as I know I am at least average sized! but nonetheless it is clearly an issue to me. Never being happy with my chap's relaxed state so that I tense it slightly to make it grow I believe has fuelled the tension problem. Maybe, at least for me, this psychological block could be inhibiting my cure and I should learn to let it go so that the underlying physical problem can sort itself out!
Does this touch a nerve with anyone or am I alone here?
empathy
What you're describing is classic performance anxiety - being very conscious and focused on how you are judged, and judging and monitoring yourself and your body. Not feeling, but evaluating. The behavioral exercises sex therapists give are all about avoiding that kind of judgment and monitoring, and just focusing on what feels good. They'll usually start with exercises where your partner is not allowed to bring you to ejaculation, so that there is no anticipatory "are we there yet?", and just a focus on feeling.

I know I monitor too much, and I've partners who have been bothered by my lack of ejaculation and orgasm, so that doesn't help either.

Saul adds a disgust with his body to the mix. I can't see how that would do anything but help prevent orgasms.

If alcohol didn't have such negative effects on libido and erections, I'd suggest having a few to try to turn off the judgmental part of the mind. Alcohol and yohimbine might make a good combo - the alcohol turns off the judgment, makes you sleepy, and diminishes erection, while the yohimbine keeps you awake and helps erection. Maybe you can end up with the judgment off, a decent erection, and be able to sleep after. I think red wine can actually heo

empathy121

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2011, 11:35:36 AM »
I don't have any performance anxiety issues apart from being conscious of EA. I have never felt comfortable enough to tell any girlfriends about my issue so feel I need to act to cover it up. What I'm talking about is perpetuating a pelvic floor tension problem by tensing the muscles slightly when masturbating or otherwise. I believe what we have is a dysfunctional pelvic floor that is in a constant state of tension. One that causes ejaculation to trigger whilst blocking the associated pleasure messages, perhaps to do with putting pressure on the pudendal nerve, or having a damaged pudendal nerve in the first place. I was wondering if I have a habit of tensing the penis because I am uncomfortable with it's relaxed state, and that by doing so makes the tension issue worse.

magic7

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2012, 10:57:14 AM »
I know what u mean empathy. I am very unhappy with my flacid size even though my erect size is actually bigger than normal. and Ive tensed the muscles in my pelvic floor while flacid and erect. I read this was good to do, but have only noticed negative effects after wards. Yes there is an increase in size while you do it, but after its hard to gain a full erection and ur body just feels out of sync with you're penis.

After I ejeaculate from masturbation i have a really hard time gaining a good erection for a few days. This might have something to do with it bc I put pressure on the pc muscle bc I read that helps.