Author Topic: I'm cured - after nearly 7 years!  (Read 844 times)

Alexander

I'm cured - after nearly 7 years!
« on: April 28, 2018, 07:35:17 AM »
I started having ejaculatory anhedonia around September 2011. It happened abruptly and without any warning; I stopped experiencing pleasure when I ejaculated. On the 0-10 scale, 0 being the worst and 10 the best, my orgasms were usually a 0 or 1. A few years before that, I had been expelled from a university and I still hadn't been admitted to a new one. So, I was just sitting at home, life wasn't moving forward and I was probably depressed because of these things. The EA obviously made my depression a lot worse; I had until recently decided not to get married or have kids due to my EA.

In Fall 2012, I joined a new university and am currently working towards my bachelor's degree (I'm a part-time student). Around 3 months ago, I started drinking a glass of red wine every day for health reasons: I've heard it prevents heart disease, diabetes and some types of cancer. Almost immediately, I began experiencing partial orgasms (4's) though they were interspersed by a few 1's and 2's. I'm also seeing a therapist who recommended I joined the city's chess club. I did and that very night, I experienced an 8 after a long, long time. My guess is that my life became more complete and fulfilling when I joined the chess club, which somehow caused me to regain the ability to enjoy orgasms. Since then, I have been getting 6's, 7's and 8's fairly regularly. I still get 1's and 2's sometimes but I know they will improve subsequently.

Most importantly, I've decided that I'm not going to forgo marriage and kids due to an occasional poor orgasm and I regard myself as cured.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2018, 07:53:35 AM by Alexander »

karenina

Re: I'm cured - after nearly 7 years!
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2018, 05:13:11 AM »
How was general sexual feeling over those 7 years? Better/worse/the same as before/after? And how much? Curious since myself and others have decreased lack of sensitivity during sex, regardless of how the orgasm is.

Alexander

Re: I'm cured - after nearly 7 years!
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2018, 01:59:23 PM »
How was general sexual feeling over those 7 years? Better/worse/the same as before/after? And how much? Curious since myself and others have decreased lack of sensitivity during sex, regardless of how the orgasm is.

My libido was normal if not slightly higher than normal. My erections were normal as well. I cannot comment about sex, only masturbation as I'm a virgin.