General Category > I'm Cured!

I'm cured - after nearly 7 years!

(1/1)

Alexander:
I started having ejaculatory anhedonia around September 2011. It happened abruptly and without any warning; I stopped experiencing pleasure when I ejaculated. On the 0-10 scale, 0 being the worst and 10 the best, my orgasms were usually a 0 or 1. A few years before that, I had been expelled from a university and I still hadn't been admitted to a new one. So, I was just sitting at home, life wasn't moving forward and I was probably depressed because of these things. The EA obviously made my depression a lot worse; I had until recently decided not to get married or have kids due to my EA.

In Fall 2012, I joined a new university and am currently working towards my bachelor's degree (I'm a part-time student). Around 3 months ago, I started drinking a glass of red wine every day for health reasons: I've heard it prevents heart disease, diabetes and some types of cancer. Almost immediately, I began experiencing partial orgasms (4's) though they were interspersed by a few 1's and 2's. I'm also seeing a therapist who recommended I joined the city's chess club. I did and that very night, I experienced an 8 after a long, long time. My guess is that my life became more complete and fulfilling when I joined the chess club, which somehow caused me to regain the ability to enjoy orgasms. Since then, I have been getting 6's, 7's and 8's fairly regularly. I still get 1's and 2's sometimes but I know they will improve subsequently.

Most importantly, I've decided that I'm not going to forgo marriage and kids due to an occasional poor orgasm and I regard myself as cured.

karenina:
How was general sexual feeling over those 7 years? Better/worse/the same as before/after? And how much? Curious since myself and others have decreased lack of sensitivity during sex, regardless of how the orgasm is.

Alexander:

--- Quote from: karenina on May 01, 2018, 05:13:11 AM ---How was general sexual feeling over those 7 years? Better/worse/the same as before/after? And how much? Curious since myself and others have decreased lack of sensitivity during sex, regardless of how the orgasm is.

--- End quote ---

My libido was normal if not slightly higher than normal. My erections were normal as well. I cannot comment about sex, only masturbation as I'm a virgin.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version