Author Topic: EA and relationships  (Read 736 times)

Byron

EA and relationships
« on: December 31, 2016, 03:50:38 PM »
Male in his 30s with lifelong (primary) EA. I have no desire to search for a cure at the present time. About a year ago I contacted a sexologist and through her got to see one of the best andrologists in the country. They had nothing to offer. Sidenote: the sexologist had never had another lifelong male EA patient which had not also gone through spinal cord surgery in over 10 years of practice, suggesting the condition to be very rare. A question both asked stuck with me however; what do you get out of a relationship/sex. Is it worth the trouble? I had not thought about that previously. Somewhat absurdedly perhaps, I did not even realize I had EA during my first relationship and just figured this is the way sex is. Anyhow, I would like to know if any of the men on this forum enjoy a single lifestyle with multiple short-term sexual partners, if you prefer long-term relationships, or neither? This is of course affected by other factors than EA, but I also suppose EA has some signficant impact.