Author Topic: Honestly, I'm scared. I think I may have this now.  (Read 988 times)

OLFM

Honestly, I'm scared. I think I may have this now.
« on: December 25, 2016, 07:39:42 PM »
I'm 25, and I think I have just started experiencing it this month. My last orgasm was on December 2nd.

The week prior I had been experiencing some intense discomfort in my lower abdomen, and expected that it may be urinary retention (UR). On occasion I would also experience a quick on and off burning feeling at the urethral opening. I figured it had something to do with the cold, and that I was holding it in during class. It went away right after I urinated.

I went to visit by GP, but was too late, so I went to another one at a walk-in clinic. They asked what was going on, and they poked around at me, and said it was all in my head. I asked about me feeling the urge to urinate while erect, and the doctor said "just ignore it".
That was on the 3rd of this month. That night, I tried to masturbate, but couldn't seem to get it up, when I did, it was semi hard, and I experienced premature ejaculation for the first time. I had difficulty getting/maintaining an erection the next few days, and had ejaculatory problems as well, with no orgasm. The area around the urethral opening (meatus?) also feels kind of numb. I can't move it on its own either. I try to, but all I can do is suck my testicles in (like Kegels).

After a few days, I woke up with an erection again, and I haven't had problems getting an erection or controlling when I ejaculate since.
However, I haven't had any orgasms, and I couldn't get aroused visually. I got exams out of the way, and went to see another doctor as soon as I could. After I went in, he scheduled me to get some blood tests done, and some ultrasounds to check for UR, kidneys and to check to see if there's anything going on in the scrotum (I've been having some scrotal pain too, on the left side).  It looks like I do have UR, and I have to go in for a follow up appointment still.

Over the past few days, I've been feeling some tingling around the urethral opening (the meatus?). The tingling comes on and off, and I don't know if that's a good or bad sign. I still can't feel the urethral opening unless it's discomfort when it brushes against something, or a slight burning that lingers shortly after I urinate.

I examined the area about two days ago, and found that there appears to be a tiny, healed tear coming down from the meatus towards the  frenulum. It's maybe a millimeter long, and I can't see it unless I look closely. Early November I experienced a tear, while masturbating, stopped for a bit afterwards, and just forgot about it (I masturbate with fabric. I was told numerous times by doctors that there's no risk of it, and I have had a few minor cuts because of this, on occasion but my doctors insisted that it's nothing to worry about). I'm scared that maybe the cut caused some nerve damage, and because it seems to have healed improperly, I may never experience an orgasm again.

I stupidly masturbated very lightly yesterday. My body still goes through the motions, and I still ejaculate, I just don't feel the sensation that comes with an orgasm.
I felt a lot of tingling today, but it may also have to do with stress. I'm feeling very depressed and hopeless right now.

What does everyone think of this? Does anyone have anything to recommend?
Thank you.

NoFun

• Administrator
Re: Honestly, I'm scared. I think I may have this now.
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2016, 03:45:05 AM »
Hi.

Because you had such specific symptoms with your penis and lower abdomen, I suggest going to a urologist to cover your bases. Don't get your hopes up there though. But check. Also, go to an endocrinologist to get your hormones tested.

It's a good sign that erections are still working. Some things are still working.

Try to relax. Getting upset won't help.

Are you taking any meds? Some are known to cause EA.

The best news I can give you is that it is known to come and go. You've had it for only a short time. It may just pass and you will never have to think of it again.

But I would go to the doctor's without delay. If there is a specific issues, you want to minimize the time it operates on you as much as possible.

That's another bit of good news. You've had specific symptoms beyond EA. That may let the doctors identify a specific issues they know something about.

Good luck and please keep us posted.

OLFM

Re: Honestly, I'm scared. I think I may have this now.
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2016, 08:00:58 AM »
I've been trying to see a urologist for the past month, but my doctor keeps having me get more tests. He said this is all stuff the urologist is going to want anyway. I'm heading back in this Friday, and I'm hoping that I'll be able to have an appointment in the near future then.
I haven't thought to go to an endocrinologist, I'll have to look into that as well. Thank you.

I've been trying to relax, but unfortunately it's easier said than done. Haha

I'm not taking any medications right now except for melatonin on occasion (I've been trying to maintain a proper sleep schedule recently), and sometimes Vitamin D capsules. Neither of those should have this kind of effect though.

I recently started feeling some constipation, and lower back pain as well as the UR. I know my doctor wanted to check for slipped disks to see if that's causing nerve trouble.

Yesterday, I stupidly decided to masturbate after not doing so for several days. I had a bit of a hard time holding it in, and I didn't have an orgasm. But I could have sworn that I felt a very slight, almost unnoticeable tingling around the rim of my penis just afterwards. I'm hoping that it's a good sign, and I'm going to try to abstain for a while longer. Maybe give it a week or two.

I've also noticed a lot of sudden come and go dryness on the penis head, and around the meatus.

I'll keep everyone updated and wish for the best for everyone.

Thank you for the support.