Author Topic: Post orgasmic illness or similar  (Read 2585 times)

shadowking

Post orgasmic illness or similar
« on: July 06, 2016, 03:46:51 AM »
Not only is my orgasm still impaired to a degree but there appears to be an additional payload after ejaculation which makes it all too much.  So even in my 'good-days' this negates everything.

Symptoms induced or made worse after ejaculation may include:

- Insomnia
- Chronic fatigue
- pain: back, neck, shoulder, head, feet (this has improved a lot)
- Rash / hives
- Partially blocked nose but nothing blows out.
- frequent urination at night
- anxiety
- intense itching skin without locating the source
- hunger  / weight gain
- feeling too hot or cold  / burning

The worst is the insomnia / cfs . Abstaining for  24~72 hrs usually improves everything.

Some Day Soon

Re: Post orgasmic illness or similar
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2016, 09:24:08 AM »
Yes, some of those symptoms happen to me too. After I cum, I swear it feels like my immune system has just been weakened or something because I often feel like I have set myself up to get a mild cold. And that's not me being neurotic or anything. There is a really strong correlation. I will also be hit with a strong sense of melancholy, depression and insomnia.

I think part of it is my body getting ready to achieve a release that ultimately doesn't arrive and that stresses it out.

RocketTN3

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2016, 09:48:00 AM »
If abstaining from masturbation for 2 days reduces the symptoms then that would be a start ?

Have ever really inspected your private parts ? Is there any discolouration/changes in apperance.. ? My recent diagnosis of LC was due to me being in denial about the apperance of my penis and foreskin for many years.

Are you properly sure that all is as it should be down there ?

shadowking

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2016, 05:07:50 AM »
There are 2 faint white 'dots' on the head. I don't know if they were always there. Seem to have faded somewhat since 2011. 

Phoenix

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2016, 08:36:01 PM »
Not only is my orgasm still impaired to a degree but there appears to be an additional payload after ejaculation which makes it all too much.  So even in my 'good-days' this negates everything.

Symptoms induced or made worse after ejaculation may include:

- Insomnia
- Chronic fatigue
- pain: back, neck, shoulder, head, feet (this has improved a lot)
- Rash / hives
- Partially blocked nose but nothing blows out.
- frequent urination at night
- anxiety
- intense itching skin without locating the source
- hunger  / weight gain
- feeling too hot or cold  / burning

The worst is the insomnia / cfs . Abstaining for  24~72 hrs usually improves everything.

Hi Shadowking,

I also have POIS.  In fact, POIS and EA have been both there for me, since the beginning, in my teen.

I always felt that there is a direct relation between the fact that I do not feel pleasure in orgasm and that I have severe fatigue and other symptoms after my dysfunctional orgasms.  I suppose that if I ever achieve a normal orgasm, that I would not have POIS.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 08:39:41 PM by Phoenix »

gdop

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2016, 11:17:05 AM »
Sorry Phoenix, POIS stands for...?
Google didnt help :(

sensation

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2016, 03:54:06 AM »
POIS stands for post orgasmic illness syndrome

R.

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2016, 04:32:42 AM »
Hello,

Your are not alone on your symptoms.

For me, ejaculatory anhedonia and post-orgasmic illness syndrome have been present since I started masturbating at the age of 14. I am 18 years old now.

After ejaculation, I lack any energy, feel very weak, sometimes have neck pain and I am very light-sensitive. When I ejaculate before going to sleep, I can't fall asleep for hours.
The day after ejaculating, I often have an headache too. These symptoms last a day after ejaculation.

Due to this, I often don't ejaculate in order to prevent this symptoms. I guess there's indeed a relation between POIS and EA.

Phoenix

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2016, 10:24:57 AM »
For those who are plagued by Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome  (POIS), in addition to EA, there is a forum where good information is available, and some guys have found relief by different methods or supplements.  POIS is not managed at all like EA, so you can take a look at http://www.poiscenter.com/forums/index.php

It's one thing to not have any pleasure when ejaculating, but it's a lot worst when, in addition, that makes you totally ill for a few days. IF you don't have any pleasure, at least, it great to find some way not to become ill ( I have found some, and my symptoms are greatly reduced now.)  Honestly, being ill and extremely tired for 2 to 5 days ( in my case) has been worst than not having pleasure and release when ejaculating - the consequences on study, sports, work, relationship, social life are enormous and horrible !

Note that not every guy having POIS have EA, and in fact, I think it is quite rare to have both ( Did I win some kind of anti-lotto.  ot what ?)  Most of those having POIS do not have EA at all ( I guess this must be more complicated than for me.... to avoid and stay away from something that satisfy you).   POIS is not the same for every sufferers, in relation to orgasm:  some will have less POIS symptoms if orgasm is better, some, on the contrary, will have more symptoms if orgasm have been stronger, and some have no difference in symptoms, with no regard to the quality of the orgasm.

I suspect that for those like me, who have both POIS and EA, that an improvement in EA could help have less POIS symptoms.  But I cannot know, I have EA and POIS since puberty, so I cannot compare, and my EA is total - never had any reaction in my brain at the time of ejaculation.  But it is maybe only wishful thinking, and I could have a first real orgasm in my life just to realize that I have POIS symptoms anyway.