Author Topic: Pudendal Nerve  (Read 46446 times)

chmchm

Re: Pudendal Nerve
« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2010, 09:46:32 PM »
I think it may be beneficial to those working on the PC muscle since it seems to be the same concept.

On people trying to strengthen, control or relax it.

AlBrown

« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2010, 08:07:55 PM »
To explain a bit more, my whole pelvic area had numbness (scrotum, penis, perineum etc), all innerverated by the pudendal which is why I am going down this path.  As for the rectal area, the sensation I now have is that of my arse being on fire after such things as extremely hot chicken wings or bad case of diarahea.  I also have itching back again.  All of these are things I experienced in my rear before my inury but just forgot about since I have had no feeling for so long.  It's not pretty but any feeling is a welcome change at this point!  :)

Also seem to be getting that "tingling" feeling back in the perineum area on occasion.

fireman

« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2010, 10:52:48 AM »
To explain a bit more, my whole pelvic area had numbness (scrotum, penis, perineum etc), all innerverated by the pudendal which is why I am going down this path.  As for the rectal area, the sensation I now have is that of my arse being on fire after such things as extremely hot chicken wings or bad case of diarahea.  I also have itching back again.  All of these are things I experienced in my rear before my inury but just forgot about since I have had no feeling for so long.  It's not pretty but any feeling is a welcome change at this point!  :)

Also seem to be getting that "tingling" feeling back in the perineum area on occasion.

hi albrown. that all sounds promising. i hope you continue to find improvements. my symptoms include the area numbness. any increase in sexual sensation/satisfaction?

lostmojo

« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2010, 01:30:05 AM »
Interesting causes for "Pudendal Nerve Entrapment" listed here:
http://ehealthforum.com/health/ed-and-pudendal-nerve-entrapment-t218469.html

I hope my running has not caused it.  >:(

Michael

« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2010, 05:52:27 PM »
Here is a list of docs who specialize in the Pudendal Nerve...

http://www.pudendalhelp.com/List_of_Doctors.html

Has anyone, besides Al, in this forum had a Pudendal Nerve Motor Latency Test?

« Last Edit: June 26, 2010, 05:54:43 PM by Michael »

bongo

« Reply #35 on: June 30, 2010, 01:42:16 AM »
WELL IM EMBARRASED TO SAY IVE TRIED many prostate massagers and have had no pleasurable feeling at all and even reduced semen volume with them , i have recently bough a hitachi wand [ mains masssager]  and im trying to find points on my penis which feel good but none yet theres a point very sensitive but painfully not nice near the head , im wondering why i cant find the equivalent to the clitoris ,, re my other post ,,my rope climbings coming on very slowly  and cant replicate the feeling i had when i was younger ?

empathy121

« Reply #36 on: July 04, 2010, 03:47:25 PM »
I believe the cause now to be physical - a result of the pc muscle being too tense for whatever reason. After reading one of the pudendal nerve websites (sorry I'm using my phone so cannot provide quotes) there is a section explaining how the pc muscle can permanently tense up due to being manipulated habitually (sounds like the 'learned' masturbation tensing response discussed here, which I can relate). On another site it highlights one of the treatments of pudendal nerve damage being therapy to relax the pc muscle. I gathered that the pc muscle needs to be fully relaxed before the nerve can recover. Incidentally I did experience a physical trauma to the perenium around the time the EA started. My thoughts are that the trauma caused the pc to tense up and impair the pudendal nerve function - masturbation no longer doing the trick, I reckon I tried to rush things, thus reinforcing the problem. To explain the ssri group, I can testify from being on them that it is impossible to cum - one tries to rush things to force ejaculation as means of easing frustration and thus develops the same pc problem. Fingers crossed for this as it does seem feasable to me. I await news of your experiences.
Best, empathy

lostmojo

« Reply #37 on: July 06, 2010, 04:19:17 AM »
Very interesting about physical treatment, from:
http://pudendal.info/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=4894&p=41251

"I have finally hooked up with a very experienced PT, Julie Sarton at UC Irvine Medical Center. She came highly recommended by the group in the Bay area, and is listed on the PNE Info site. I have no words, this woman is fantastic. Her interest and area of specialty is precisely what is discussed on this forum. After a thorough assessment, colaborating with both my neurologist and GP, she began a protocol that is similar to that presented in Dr. Wise's book. I have been for a series of seven visits thus far. Treatment includes the relaxation of trigger points, external and internal "crunching" of tightened, contracted mayofacial tissue, and the retraining of the entire muscular behavior of the pelvic floor. Also included is the stretching of every conceivable muscle around the pudendal nerve. Relaxation techniques have been learned, so that I am now on a regemin of nearly an hour of home treatment/daily, along with weekly treatments with Julie."

bongo

« Reply #38 on: July 06, 2010, 11:14:30 AM »
DEFINITELY ONTO SOMETHING HERE I WAS DEFINITELY TRYING TO RUSH IT WHEN IT FIRST HAPPENED TO ME,  it usedto take ages before , now i can and do come way to quick  how to change it i dont know though , i wonder if surgery could work,  we need cat scans of normal orgasms and then us ..

lostmojo

« Reply #39 on: July 23, 2010, 06:22:05 AM »
I saw a very good neurologist today, the appointment lasted an hour, he checked out a few things and has referred me for a number of other physical tests, more on them another time. He thinks it more likely that something is wrong in my head, we're not talking psychologically but more something is not working as it should, whether we can find it is another matter but at least he is willing to try.

He also listened whilst we discussed a number of things relating to discussions on the forums and various theories about AE. We discussed the pudendal nerve and he explained that all sense of touch and sensation in the genital/perineal area goes through the pudendal nerve. As I do not have numbness that pretty much rules it out as a cause for me, although it still may be an avenue to explore for others.

I thought it may have been the case that sexual sensation went through the pudendal nerve but general sense of touch followed a different pathway. It turns out this is not the case, so I think I am wasting my time on this theory.

In summary if your pudendal nerve is functioning then you should be able to feel everything from a simple sense of touch, all the way to full on orgasmic sensation and everything in between. If it's not working then you should feel nothing or at least everything should be diminished to the same degree.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2010, 06:31:00 AM by lostmojo »

empathy121

« Reply #40 on: September 25, 2010, 12:11:49 PM »
I haven't posted for a while but here goes... I have had limited success (improved feeling and satisfaction/ release though no proper orgasm). I put this down to exercise, relaxation and supplements (5-htp, b6, zinc&magnesium, the latter being the most effective)

I am quite sure that the problem has something to do with the pelvic floor and all the surrounding muscles being over-tense and blocking orgasm somehow, triggering ejaculation before it happens because of the learned tension that has been made chronic and will likely continue indefinitely. I read a post on here or hisandherhealth about the tension of the pelvic floor through back problems or whatever, that talked about some kind of therapy to relax the surrounding muscles and relieve tension on the pudendal nerve - I will be very interested if anyone has any more info on this! I believe that at least the majority of us have caused this problem by tensing the pc over and over in attempt to cum quicker (the post ssri cases have done enough as confirm this for me because I know from experience it is near impossible to cum on ssris!)

this is the direction I'm taking anyway. I will be very grateful if you could share your ideas! Best, empathy

michaelsad

« Reply #41 on: September 25, 2010, 08:54:21 PM »
Along the "muscle" direction ...

Doctors suggest hottub to relax pelvic muscle for prostatitis.  Perhaps it is worth experiementing hottub, along with other muscle relax methods and supplements, before sex activities.  

By the way,  many thanks to the information shared by Lostmojo.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2010, 06:21:57 AM by michaelsad »

NoFun

• Administrator
« Reply #42 on: September 25, 2010, 10:09:35 PM »
There are some simple things to do to relax the pelvic floor, the most basic of which is called the "constructive rest" position. I prefer the feet off the floor version shown below.

www.downeastschoolofmassage.net/forum/king01.pdf

Do that, and relax for 15 minutes, focusing on your pelvic floor. That may do it.

There are many things you can do to actively help release the tension of the pelvic floor muscles. Gently, using your back muscles, press your sacrum into the floor as if you were trying to drag the rest of your body toward your feet across the floor. Other things to try are just imagining rotating your pelvis clockwise and counterclockwise without actually moving it. Think of having an erection and drawing clockwise and counterclockwise circles with the tip of your penis.

Anyway, there is an endless amount of theory on this stuff, particularly on how to remove habitual, unnecessary muscular tension from the body through imagined and actual movement.

If you're interested in body work, reflexes, pelvic floor exercises, etc., I'd recommend looking into Moshe Feldenkrais, Mabel Todd, Lulu Sweigart, the Alexander Technique. 

I wouldn't recommend hot tubs, because testicles don't like too much heat, and produce less testosterone when they get it. That's why older guys like me move to boxers over tidy whities.

empathy121

« Reply #43 on: April 17, 2011, 02:15:35 PM »
@ Al - What's the latest - have you experienced any more improvement?

AlBrown

« Reply #44 on: July 03, 2011, 02:58:45 PM »
Some improvement in pain reduction and a few trigger points eradicted.  I have been doing PT for awhile now and my pelvic floor has improved but still seems to want to stay in a tight, contracted state and won't let go.  Saw some improvement with injections then seemed to plateau.  Recently I have been doing a combination of dry needling and MYO facial work and have had great improvements there. 

Unfortunately the penile sensitivity, EA, and ED have stayed mostly the same.  I am still proceeding down the pudendal route since the symptoms match pretty well, the trauma seems likely to have cause it, and the nerve test detected abnormalities.

My new path is the dorsal nerve, one of the three pudendal branches.  I am going for an MRI to check things out.  If you are still pursuing the pudendal angle have a read of this thread below, start to finsh, some great info in there.  These guys have very similar symptoms and recent events have led down this path with one I believe cured in respect to penile issues.

http://www.pudendalhope.info/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=448