Author Topic: Pudendal Nerve  (Read 44743 times)

lostmojo

Re: Pudendal Nerve
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2010, 07:16:28 PM »
Good find, AlBrown, some of those machines look like much better options than the "Dr. Erector"device. Better to have a general use machine rather than one that can only stimulate one area.

Which EMS are you getting, the Pelvitone for Male Incontinence, http://www.tens.co.uk/acatalog/Pelvitone_for_Male_Incontinence.html ?

With the TeNS are you hoping to stimulate directly, on the acupressure points or a bit of both?
« Last Edit: March 06, 2010, 10:06:32 PM by lostmojo »

AlBrown

« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2010, 07:29:00 PM »
For Tens I did the I Touch since it had double the presets than the Smart Tens. Figured since I don't know what am doing yet these presets will be helpful guidance.

http://www.tens.co.uk/acatalog/I-Touch.html

For the EMS, yes I did the male Pelvitone.  Especially curious about the "lack of sensitivty" preset.

http://www.tens.co.uk/acatalog/Pelvitone_for_Male_Incontinence.html

As far as plans, I really have none till I get it and experiment.  Seems like a worthwhile path to go down though.

TnT

« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2010, 08:33:54 PM »
Don't feel that people aren't interested; They may have not read it, or read and not posted.  This seems really interesting and promising and I look forward to seeing your results!

searchingforcure11

« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2010, 10:25:24 PM »
The site dont really explain what it is you are talking about and what it does.  What is this product that you are sending links to?  Has anyone here tried it yet? 

AlBrown

« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2010, 08:15:50 PM »
I think the gist of it is if someone does indeed have nerve issues, studies have shown electrical stimulation of the nerve and surrounding area can help in many ways and that is what these devices are for.

For me personally, I feel my issues lie within the pudendal nerve and surrounding area.  My nerve may have been stretched and my pelvis a bit misaligned so muscles have taken a toll as well.  These devices are used to help stimulated the nerve and relax the surrounding muscles to their normal state (mainly pelvic floor muscles).  I have had tests showing my pelvic floor is indeed tightened (result from injury) which can also effect the nerve.

They are mainly used by medical community but some sites (such as one mentioned) sell to regular consumers.  Since consumers are unfamiliar with these techniques preset programs are included based on patterns used by the medical professionals.  This is my take on it anyway.  I have seen them used frequently in studies, especially post op pudendal nerve decompression surgeries to aid recovery.

« Last Edit: March 08, 2010, 08:19:34 PM by AlBrown »

AlBrown

« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2010, 07:44:21 PM »
I received my units today and will probably start this weekend.  I will keep everyone posted on how it goes.

fireman

« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2010, 12:19:03 PM »
I received my units today and will probably start this weekend.  I will keep everyone posted on how it goes.

hi albrown. this is my first post so please forgive any mistakes. im intrigued to hear how you have got on with the units. i have had diminishing sensation during sex, but particularly at ejaculation. i also suffer from chronic proctalgia - which is a pain in the a**e, literally. all the tests i have endured have brought no cure or even diagnosis for either condition. this has been happening for 22 years. i realise that at roughly the same time i had a back injury so the pudendal nerve having been damaged is a possibilty. one avenue of treatment i tried briefly was acupuncture and the practitioner pointed out a possible link, based on acupuncture meridians, between these problems and a broken hand that i suffered around the same age as when the symptoms started. ive also had cystoscopy (never again) which only showed that i had severe (or as he put it 'exquisite' ) tenderness of the urethra. other things i have tried include reiki, hypnosis,  - both of which were interesting but didnt provide answers - psychotherapy - havent we ALL got things that need sorting in that department? im currently on antidepressants due to panic anxiety that has reared its ugly head since an unexpected heart attack 4 years ago and i know they dont exactly help this condition but having found this site it has renewed my determination to 'get it sorted'. im of the opinion that the physical sensation of sex/making love isnt the whole story but its like going to the cinema and watching a film through frosted glass with cotton wool in your ears.
sorry for a long first post. i would be keen to hear from anyone particularly who can see a connection with any of the above. thanks

AlBrown

« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2010, 07:58:02 PM »
Well, it's abit too early to tell as I have only used each once so far.  It is very interesting though...you can really feel the impact it has on the areas.  

The TENS unit is more so for chronic pain reduction and by using the electrodes you can easily isolate the trouble areas (hamstring and adductors for me - buttock and groin pain).  Pretty cool stuff

The EMS is more for the internal pelvic floor area.  Again, you feel it working and the muscles responding.  I did the lack of sensitivty program and the pelvic floor relaxation program.  The next day I had physical therapy and "turned a corner" on my biofeedback tests.  For the first time I was able to keep my pelvic floor at a normal resting tone for a consistent amount of time.  This may be from the EMS unit or the trigger point therapy I started...not sure which.

I figure after a few weeks I will be able to give a definitive review on results but nevertheless, it seems worth a try and it is certainly not a gimmick.  You can tell it's doing the right things.  Whether or not it is the solution for my problem remains to be seen though.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2010, 08:02:32 PM by AlBrown »

AlBrown

« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2010, 09:25:25 PM »
Update:

So I have been using the EMS device consistently for a few weeks now.  I like it, it really helps work on the pelvic muscles which is handy since I stuggled to do these on my own.  I can't really identify the movements and whether I am doing them correctly or not so this device does the work for me.  I think it may be beneficial to those working on the PC muscle since it seems to be the same concept.

No results in terms of EA but I do have some improvement in the rectal area which is one of the three branches of the pudendal.  Up till recently I have had no feeling in any of the three areas (genitals, perineum, and rectal) so to finally feel something is encouraging.  My fingers are crossed and hope to see some improvements as time progresses.

fireman

« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2010, 11:54:14 AM »
thanks for the update albrown. am awaiting your progress with bated breath. the improvement, is it in terms of more sensation generally , or in a sexual sense? my ejaculations are not accompanied by any feelings in the anal / prostate area

lostmojo

« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2010, 08:44:40 PM »
fireman the general literature is that men should be sexually sensitive in the anal / prostate area. It can range from just enjoying being touched/stimulated there to full blown orgasms, particularly from prostrate stimulation. That's how many (not all) gay men can have an orgasm whilst receiving anal sex, it's not just in their heads.

If I stimulate the prostrate or perineum area I do not get any additional physical sensations apart from feeling the touching itself, that is not normal. I think some sexually functional men get sensations in the prostrate area whilst having an orgasm from regular sexual intercourse, not sure about the perineum. You said "my ejaculations are not accompanied by any feelings in the anal / prostate area", I think that would still be classified within the normal range of experience for men.

lostmojo

« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2010, 08:46:40 PM »
AlBrown I'm glad you have some improvement, I hope you continue to get that and more.

I too eagerly await your next update.

fireman

« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2010, 07:10:41 AM »
fireman the general literature is that men should be sexually sensitive in the anal / prostate area. It can range from just enjoying being touched/stimulated there to full blown orgasms, particularly from prostrate stimulation. That's how many (not all) gay men can have an orgasm whilst receiving anal sex, it's not just in their heads.

If I stimulate the prostrate or perineum area I do not get any additional physical sensations apart from feeling the touching itself, that is not normal. I think some sexually functional men get sensations in the prostrate area whilst having an orgasm from regular sexual intercourse, not sure about the perineum. You said "my ejaculations are not accompanied by any feelings in the anal / prostate area", I think that would still be classified within the normal range of experience for men.

thanks for the info lostmojo. i admit my mind is a bit befuddled by the condition and what prospective help there may be out there. i too get no pleasurable sensation from stimulation of the perineum or anal area although this wasnt always the case. im hoping that this can be cured by either realigment of the pelvis, checking out testosterone levels, taking gaba+, experimenting with the same treatment as albrown is currently using, or a combination. i did have a full orgasm after one pelvic realigment session 2 years ago but was never able to repeat it sadly. i appreciate your input

lostmojo

« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2010, 05:42:12 AM »
i did have a full orgasm after one pelvic realigment session 2 years ago but was never able to repeat it sadly.

Now that is very significant, I wonder how many others have had similar experiences. I hope you can have that happen again.

How was the realignment achieved, chiropractic or other?

fireman

« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2010, 09:16:15 AM »
i did have a full orgasm after one pelvic realigment session 2 years ago but was never able to repeat it sadly.

Now that is very significant, I wonder how many others have had similar experiences. I hope you can have that happen again.

How was the realignment achieved, chiropractic or other?

yes a chiropractor. also tried a mctimoney practitioner with no success. and interestingly met an acupuncturist a few years ago who believed that a hand injury, which i suffered at about the time the ea ( and proctalgia ) started, was responsible - according to acupuncture meridians. unfortunately he passed away before i could explore this.