Author Topic: lyme disease and coinfections  (Read 3176 times)

no_longer_numb

lyme disease and coinfections
« on: April 23, 2016, 07:19:50 PM »
Guys I think I finally have my answer, after I was diagnosed with lyme disease, brucella, babesia, mycoplasma and other coinfections.

I wonder if anyone else around here finds out they have this stuff too...

needhelpage31

Re: lyme disease and coinfections
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2016, 04:02:26 PM »
So how are you doing, lately? And with what treatment?

no_longer_numb

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2018, 06:26:17 PM »
Well, I'm back and about 2 years into treatment for the infections.  I mainly have gone the natural route for treatment.  The treatment itself hasn't really had any impact on my EA.  However, I recently tried an herbal medicine houttunyia that I think was clearing out bartonella or something and I had a severe reaction and couldn't hardly sleep for months.  I ended up having psychiatric symptoms as well so it got really severe, but the strange thing is I did have an episode of a random mid day erection with arousal and was able to experience pleasure with intercourse that night.  I ended up having to stop that herb due to the severity of the reaction but I ended up on some psych meds for a week or two.  One was abilify.  It ended up making me absolutely unbearably physically restless to the point of puttting me in harms way but strangely it made me constantly horny and I did have pleasurable orgasms, albeit with premature ejaculation each time.  I am trying to figure out what is going on with me, the answer seems so near but yet so far.  Notably I also discovered that I was able to experience pleasurable orgasm via tens unit but it also flares up my infection symptoms, including head pressure.  So I can't quite tell if my problem is involving nerves and/or my brain, I mean it's obviously both since my infections are long standing and neurological, but why would the tens unit allow me pleasure but then give me a herx reaction and head pressure.

I'm hoping one of our members is a neurologist or a genius and can troubleshoot this.  I bet for most of us infections or parasite is behind the EA based on my experience.  So I'm off the herbal treatment for my infection and off the abilify and am back to being anhedonic...

The truth is out there

NLN

no_longer_numb

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2018, 06:31:09 PM »
to reply to my own post,

I never really enjoyed biology or anatomy class, but I do recall that nerves release substances, right, like serotonin and dopamine?  I mean this is the thing about neurons and axons and SSRIs and receptor sites, agonists/antagonists

So I feel a sense of wondering if something is "blocking" the nerves or "stealing" the substances the nerves release....I even sometimes wonder if the germs in my infections are sitting there getting off on my neurotransmitters...sounds bizzarre but refer to my post on how I was able to get orgasmic pleasure via a tens unit but later suffering a lyme/coinfection head pressure herx as a result.

Let's get some dialogue going

NLN

Jabele

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2018, 08:49:07 PM »
I figured out 2 years ago that I have Lyme and confections too- I also had Mycoplasma and babesia and also RMSF, along with candida and prob parasites and God knows what else.

I've been treating under an llmd and def feel better and healthier in terms of,other issues I have, but am stuck with sex and orgasm stuff. I'm also not where I want to be and still have more treating to do. I've,been wondering a lot about a connection here and am glad to see it brought up.

I echo the desire for a smart MD/neuro person to decipher this. Every doc I see just throws the same treatments for the orgasm,issue at me but I think there's a underlying cause that needs addressing
« Last Edit: June 12, 2018, 08:54:48 PM by Jabele »

no_longer_numb

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2018, 11:47:31 AM »
Thank you for responding!

I still can't believe I'm this far into lyme coinfection treatment with such minimal results on sex drive/libido

Jabele

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2018, 02:10:18 PM »
Update! I found an amazing integrative doc who confirmed the lyme dx and also found multiple parasites. He said "you have a lot of company" and put me on albendazole and praziquentil which treats what I suspected I have parasite wise. He said as for the lyme; its chronic and has moved to my head - he has issues with antibiotics bc it gets rid of 80% and the other 20% turns into a hard to treat type. He said this is why i had the Neuro symptoms and why I also forget simple,words. Sometimes I'm legit like "that thing you sit on...what's that called?" anyway he has me doing these bee venom shots which does cross brain barrier safely and treats lyme along with quintessence which hes had good success with for people that have chronic lyme. He said despite this, I'm doing well and not nearly as sick as others hes seen- he sakd the sex stuff could be a result of this and wants to see if the treatment helps. He also called out the zoloft I take but I explained I had this issue for years without that and,only went back on it when I realized it clearly couldn't hurt more. Anyway I feel like I'm in great hands with this guy in a way I've only felt w my other lyme doc- but even more so with this guy. I'll def keep u in the loop on my,progress. Fingers crossed!