Author Topic: Semi-Cured with wellbutrin  (Read 2875 times)

on-wellbutrin

Semi-Cured with wellbutrin
« on: March 08, 2016, 12:04:40 PM »
I'm a guy, and have had anhedonia for about six years. A few weeks ago I began taking Wellbutrin. I'm currently on 300mg a day. The results have been interesting, and almost satisfactory. Whereas before I felt absolutely nothing from masturbation, I now feel it physically- upon orgasm, my body now shakes and moves involuntarily, and I feel a sense of release and well-being. That being said, the feeling still isn't pleasurable. I just feel like I'm shaking uncontrollably- there's no sense of "bliss". Maybe that will come back in time, since I have had that feeling long ago. It might just be that I need to re-adjust to orgasm, and the pleasure will come in time. But I'm worried about what the next step will be if the problem doesn't solve itself.

I'm also on 150mg of sertraline (Zoloft generic). It's possible that this is a contributing factor, and I'm going to ask my psychiatrist to start taking me off of it.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2016, 12:11:11 PM by on-wellbutrin »

needhelpage31

Re: Semi-Cured with wellbutrin
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2016, 07:41:45 PM »
Thank you for your post. You said you've been on Wellbutrin for a few weeks. How soon did you start to feel improvement?

And are you taking regular Wellbutrin? Or XL? (Or SR?)

Please let us know.

on-wellbutrin

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2016, 08:28:44 PM »
Hello, sorry for the delay in replying. I'm on Wellbutrin XL, and I started to feel improvement in a little less than a week.

My therapist and I discussed potential next steps to try and get me to 100%. Step 1 is taking me down off of the Zoloft I'm taking. Step 2 is getting my testosterone checked to see if anything's fishy there. Step 3, if those fail, is to try Adderall as another post suggested. I'll update as these happen, but the wheels of bureaucracy turn slowly, and I'm not gonna dedicate myself full-time to turn them faster.

martmenz

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2016, 04:35:19 PM »
I have suffered this condition for a pretty long time. I have also tried several medications to no avail. It seems there is consistent evidence that Adderall could help me, but my challenge is that I live outside the US and the drug is not available in my country. I need advice on how I can access this Medicine outside of US.

Thanks.

searchingforcure11

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2016, 07:57:19 PM »
So when you are close to orgasm you don't feel pleasureable feelings you just shake a bit?  You don't feel any ahhhh feelings and think that just feels so good.  I am on Adderall and for me it feels like every moment its such great pleasure and when I ejaculate I concentrate on the feelings and stroking in the right spot.  Its always very pleasureable for me now.  I went about 7 years of not feeling pleasure.  The Adderall has cured me. 

sensation

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2016, 07:43:52 AM »
So when you are close to orgasm you don't feel pleasureable feelings you just shake a bit?  You don't feel any ahhhh feelings and think that just feels so good.  I am on Adderall and for me it feels like every moment its such great pleasure and when I ejaculate I concentrate on the feelings and stroking in the right spot.  Its always very pleasureable for me now.  I went about 7 years of not feeling pleasure.  The Adderall has cured me.

When there are no sexual problems, you should feel those ahhhh feelings you're describing. Sexual pleasure can be felt in different parts of the body (erogenous zones) when they are stimulated, and it feels like amazing electric-like sensations. And there's not only those sensations, but also the general well-being and euphoria that comes with the practice of sex, watching your partner, etc. And the fulfilling sensation after orgasm... That's why I always say it has to be a problem with the central nervous system, or any other global cause like hormones, neurotransmitters (well, at least in my case)... As if the pleasure signals don't reach the erogenous zones or aren't interpreted to be pleasurable by the brain.

I feel as if that pleasure sensations were 'deleted' from my brain. In fact I feel as if my sense of touch is different without those sensations. I can feel mental pleasure with other activities, but not the physical pleasure that comes with sex. I wish I could try Adderall or Wellbutrin, or any other of the few drugs that have cast good results to a few people in this group. But I don't want to try them without medical supervision and I still haven't even found a doctor who wants to believe me and try new things.

searchingforcure11

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2016, 10:40:37 PM »
Yes I do notice after a general sense of well being and relaxation.  I try to focus on the pleasure feelings when I ejaculate but part of the problem when its not working correctly is overall there is less sexual pleasure just in the build up phase.  I remember when I had problems I just didn't feel much and it was kind of boring.  Now that I am cured I notice progressively pleasure builds and builds the longer I play.  Yes I feel like electric sensations and warm feel good chills that I feel all over my body.  I never had any problems from the start.  My first time taking it was the day I nearly got my finger cut off when a TV got dropped on it.  I remember how much it boosted my mood and put me in a very positive happy mood.  What I also realized was how much it improved sensation.  So I just was honest with the doctor without throwing friend under the bus and just said I got a few pills before and it helped.  I can say I am cured and just very thankful.  It cant hurt to ask your doctor.  I would just be honest and mention you know people that it has helped cure sexual issues and at a small dose it cant hurt to try it.  Much different being a drug addict then simply trying a relatively low dose of Adderall.  Others have tried it and not had success so I don't know.  I know its helped me.

searchingforcure11

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2017, 08:42:05 PM »
I haven't posted in a while.  The Adderall is still working great.  I also have started using a toy about an inch in my ass.  This has added even more pleasure to orgasms now.  I would sometimes get some not so great orgasms but with the toy it seems to always be consistently good.  I think this has something to do with Pudendal nerve and when that is stimulated it helps me release and the process seems to always work correctly.  I have noticed though nothing can be too deep in there.  It has to just be around the opening.  If too deep I feel as if the nerves are constricted and it doesn't completely let loose.  Like its being choked now allowing the full feeling of pleasure.   I have a vibrating toy that I hold right around the opening of the asshole and when I ejaculate I put it there and it really gives an amazing sensation.  The Adderall always has given me pleasure building up but occasionally I would not have the release and pleasure during orgasm.  With this toy in ass it seems to help that by stimulating that nerve.  Just wanted to share that as its something worth trying. 

searchingforcure11

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2017, 08:47:20 PM »
http://www.scarleteen.com/article/bodies/with_pleasure_a_view_of_whole_sexual_anatomy_for_every_body

Read this link it is related to my last post.  You can see how the pudendal nerve can stimulate and maybe help orgasm.  For me stimulating that causes more pleasure and force in my orgasm.  And as I said its only around the rim of ass as you don't need to put anything in to deep to feel the sensation.  I don't really like putting anything in there so going around rim and maybe an inch in is better.  It feels better then in far because its stimulating the most sensitive areas there.  And again I think it has soemthign to do with the connection of the pudendal nerve and how when that is stimulated along with head of penis its interconnected all those nerves which really is pleasurable.