Author Topic: Hannah somatics  (Read 28648 times)

Dante55

Hannah somatics
« on: August 02, 2015, 01:55:47 AM »
This book will restore the majority of sufferers to glory. Program consists of 8 lessons. Read book, do the 8 lessons diligently and I'm confident you will be good to go within a month. Yoga, massage work etc... Is no good. Our problem is neural tension and inhibited muscles. We rewrite the sensory motor part of brain we fix ourselves. It's not easy, but easier than you'd think. More so concentration and diligence than grueling work. In fact probably less than ten percent of the effort I would put in to trying to heal myself giving yoga my all.

RocketTN3

Re: Hannah somatics
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2015, 03:55:03 AM »
Have you tried it yourself ?

Dante55

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2015, 08:28:28 AM »
Yes, I'm cured

It's really straight forward once you start to get a handle on the concept it all makes sense. Good for Ralding for doing it how he did but Jesus fuckin Christ that dong myofascial release to all your muscles is unrealistic for me. Trust me I gave it my all, that just wasn't going to happen for me. This program resets muscles to proper tone naturally.

RocketTN3

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2015, 04:05:59 PM »
Dante, you're just suddenly cured, like that ?

Dante55

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2015, 06:04:53 PM »
It took me two weeks 3-4 hours a day

So no it wasn't instant, but yes I'm cured

Guarantee it will cure majority of sufferers if they do it. All comes down to unraveling neural tension and awakening inhibited muscles. Yoga won't do that. Supplements won't do that.

RocketTN3

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2015, 06:07:16 AM »
Can you link me to the exact book you are referencing ?

The difficulty I am having is that for me there are many variables in all this.

Take for example the fact that ever since the onset of EA, I've had a dry penis, akin to this https://duckduckgo.com/?q=dry+penis+head&ia=images&iai=http%3A%2F%2Fbachhoa24.com%2Fimgthumb.html%3Fsrc%3DqNnf0MzO5qjWy8zY7NnY2MrN5qilj5yYqKCnnpWioqqmlaOVsKKoo5XI2K6qxc7LsqKg2dXQ%26w%3D270%26h%3D270%26f%3Djpg%26q%3D95%26zc%3DT%26hash%3Dd3fcd79e40aea2c3fc10911bfba5ca1f as I wash the area every day in the shower and I no longer masturbate it cannot be smega build up. The glans are no longer shiny, smooth and sensitive as they used to be.

There are the other skin flair ups I have around the nose area, eyebrows and scalp which have been diagnosed as dermatitis.

There are the poor energy levels I experience. The brain fog and lack of focus. It's not just a tiredness it's feeling utterly exhausted for no apparent reason just from a few hours lack of sleep. It has been this way my whole life.

There's the genital shrinkage that occured suddenly with the EA, literally over night.

The lack of pre-cum, heat and sensation in the glans and generally all over.

The whole genital area is smaller and shrivelled now, even when flaccid.

Weak ejaculations.

Difficulty maintaining an erection due to lack of sensation. No loss of libido.

Lack of contractions during feebly week orgasms (nothing down there moves).

Irritation of the anus, an itchiness which occurs from sweating heavily or after going to the toilet (not worms).

There's the mildy tight foreskin I've had my whole life.   

Pieces of the puzzle are:

I was masturbating in a very awkward pose, sitting in the corner of the shower to the point where there was some numbness and tingling, the night before this occured. I remember tingling sensations (pins and needles)

I was smoking at the time.

I had flu/bad cold at the time.

I was NOT taking prescription medication prior to the onset of EA.

I was sporadically taking over the counter Zirtek allergy tablets (I was studying bench joinery at the time working in a busy workshop, the dust and grime was aggrevating my sinus so it was suggested by someone I take these pills).

I was taking wellman vitamin tablets, again sporadically.

I was squating/working out under high intensity every other day, sometimes every day after work/college. I spent no time on correct form or warming up.

I was generally stressed, tense and overworked during this time. Commuting sometimes 2 hours a day on crowded public transport.

----------------------------------------------------------

Forward on ten years.

I've had an EMG of the penis which came back normal - although this is a superfluous test which does not really prove anything either way

I've been visibly inspected by a urologist who says things appear normal, besides a mild case of balanitis (this was caused from me putting 1man1 oil on my penis for 2 days consecutively which caused an irritation under the foreskin, which threw off the diagnosis making it appear as though this irritation is always there). However, the picture (as above) is how my penis looks on a day to day basis, no itching or discomfort, just a dryness, flaking and discolouration of the skin, which can (to the point of disappear) when the penis is erect, as the skin is tighter.

----------------------------------------------------------------

The urologist has pointed out to me, if this was a tension or entrapment issue there would be pain. I have no pain.

What I am struggling to grapple is that the urologist seemed certain that a numbness in the penis would not affect the feeling of orgasm, ''because it doesn't work like that''.

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090414042226AAgeJYC

As above, there are many anecdotal reports of cyclists losing penile sensation, although 60% + seems excessive. I am not seeing lack of orgasm being discussed along side the penile numbness necessarily though.

Perhaps men with this problem are to embarrassed to add that important piece of information, or perhaps orgasm is not affected for them ?

Interestingly,  there doesn't seem to be much correlation between pain and numbness from this select group either, which gives me hope in a way.

I have a feeling the urologist is more doubtful of his persuasions than he let's on, given that he has suggested an MRI of the pelvis, which he wouldn't agree to do had he been certain it is not a blood flow, entrapment or tension issue.

The problem I'm now facing is a lack of faith. I'm sitting around waiting for further diagnostic tests which are taking forever on the NHS.

Can I ask, do the symptoms I've described (specifically in the genital area, i.e. numbness, dryness, shrivelled even when flaccid) sound at all like yours?

If no, I remain skeptical that it will help me. If yes, how have these area improved?

I need to be convinced that there are physical changes/reversions , and that you are genuinely feeling orgasm and sensation again, and not just telling yourself that you are.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2015, 06:12:15 AM by RichardTN3 »

Dante55

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2015, 06:32:03 AM »
Somatics: Reawakening The Mind's Control Of Movement, Flexibility, And Health
By Thomas Hanna

Yes to all your questions, nothing was going on for me, erection and ejac occurred due to incredibly mild sensations along with the idea of it

I've shared this because hopefully it can help others, but I can't look at this site anymore

If you dont want to give this a try idk what to tell you

The program is easy once you figure it out, the images are difficult but for the ones you are having trouble with find it on YouTube, or maybe even go to a certified somatic practitioner if there is one near you

RocketTN3

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2015, 08:43:35 AM »
Amazon had a deal on so I bought this book and 'The Vital Psoas Muscle: Connecting Physical, Emotional, and Spiritual Well-Being by Jo Ann Staugaard-Jones'.

'

gdop

« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2015, 09:10:01 AM »
Dante55, please dont leave us, we have so many questions...
Now there are 16 people downloading the book via torrent, probably from this thread. I'll buy mine, but english is not main mother language, I hope I'll understand it.
If you also have the links to the videos you used please post them here as well.

Dante55

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2015, 01:26:04 PM »
The key thing to know is it's not going to be one or two muscles that you need to spot reduce tension it is about getting the entire body as a whole to working synergistically and efficiently. It may take a few days to start noticing something but headway wil be made once the lower abdomen and muscles by the hip sockets start to free up and get movement. For me these muscles were just frozen and I didn't know any different. When these muscles as well as the diaphragm start to free up then comes the pelvic floor. Once you can start to feel some good movement in the pelvic floor good things will happen.

nutbuster

« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2015, 07:01:10 PM »
Rich--

You might want to try skipping a day between showers.  I have noticed that when i do this, it allows the bodys natural oils to collect, which can make hair smoother, skin softer and less irritated, and sometimes less dandruff too.  Showering too often really dries out the body too much.  If you are oike me and spend many days completely inside the home with minimal to no sweating, then it may not even be necessary to shower every day.  Of course, you have to be careful since on the flip side bodily oils can build up and lead to clogged pores (acne), overly greasy hair, and generally just smelly and unclean skin. 

Also you mentioned some other things that made it sound like you might have chronic dehydration.  I think i have this problem, i drink water but probably not enough each day.  This can comtribute to fatigue, acne, sore muscles, dry skin, anxiety, and even lack of pre-cum.  The body needs to have plenty of fluids in order to self-lubricate

RocketTN3

« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2015, 03:48:54 AM »
Rich--

You might want to try skipping a day between showers.  I have noticed that when i do this, it allows the bodys natural oils to collect, which can make hair smoother, skin softer and less irritated, and sometimes less dandruff too.  Showering too often really dries out the body too much.  If you are oike me and spend many days completely inside the home with minimal to no sweating, then it may not even be necessary to shower every day.  Of course, you have to be careful since on the flip side bodily oils can build up and lead to clogged pores (acne), overly greasy hair, and generally just smelly and unclean skin. 

Also you mentioned some other things that made it sound like you might have chronic dehydration.  I think i have this problem, i drink water but probably not enough each day.  This can comtribute to fatigue, acne, sore muscles, dry skin, anxiety, and even lack of pre-cum.  The body needs to have plenty of fluids in order to self-lubricate

I agree with all that.

At the moment I'm the same, mostly sedentary days spent at the computer. I haven't exercised for well over a month, waiting for further tests has kind of put me in limbo where I'm just sitting around. Primarily, this is why my skin is in a poor state. Sweating does a good job of removing the natural toxins which build up in the body.

If I am on an exercise program I've observed that I can eat foods that would have otherwise result in a flare up or rash, without having that same reaction.

I'm keen not to get back into an exercise regime at this stage though, as everything tightens up, maybe this is the wrong approach. I might go for a run tonight.

I will give this book a proper go.

Dante55

« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2015, 07:23:14 AM »
Yea gong for a run is like the exact opposite of what you should do. The idea is to get the body working properly, running and exercising are great things but for this condition those things will just reinforce current problematic movement patterns. I'd strongly suggest putting that stuff on hold and give this a legitimate shot. I'd be surprised if you didn't start to notice significant change by day 3 or 4.

nutbuster

« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2015, 05:58:30 PM »
I just watched this video:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ag6SvTkc6bo

And i tried it myself.  Interestingly, i also could not get one side to touch like in the video.  But after about 10 minutes i was able to do it easily (i can grab half an index finger on each hand).  So i am not sure why the woman needed months or years to figure it out.

The way i did it was just to carefully examine in the mirror and just by feeling, exactly what was going on on the first side and try to mimic that on the other side.  This was not as easy as it sounds, it did take some thinking and feeling about, but i eventually realized that i was not actually doing the same thing even thougb i thought i was.  So yes, recognizing that discrepancy between what i Thought i was doing, and what i actually need to be doing, made a big difference.  It is definitely a brain/muscle connection that is hard to describe

RocketTN3

« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2015, 03:16:44 PM »
I'm about half way through the book, just short of trying the exercises.

I have a feeling I may progress better with guidance from someone that can see what I can't.

Sadly there doesn't appear to be an HSE approved practitioner in the UK

http://hannasomatics.com/index.php/find_a_practitioner.