Author Topic: A cure for me - Spironolactone  (Read 59519 times)

lauren

A cure for me - Spironolactone
« on: November 17, 2010, 05:16:24 PM »
Spironolactone I am taking about 50 mg a day and everything has returned to normal after 18 years. The dosage can go up to 200 mg a day whit out any danger to yourself but you will have a limp noddle at that dosage LOL. Every person is different so will be the dosage. Start with 50 a day and work your way up to 100. May or may not work for you I hope it does. It has for me. Good luck to all.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2010, 03:57:51 AM by EA Admin »

NoFun

• Administrator
Re: A cure for me
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2010, 05:49:33 PM »
Hi. Could you briefly tell us the story of your problems with orgasm, and any related health issues? What led you to use Spironolactone? Was it for some other condition?

lauren

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2010, 06:13:28 PM »
Well I lost the ability to achieve an orgasm when I was 16 teen. I did not know this was a condition at all I thought it was just me. Until I saw something on TV one night. Well I will not say why I was taking Spiro. But it is not related. This discovery was 100% accidental. But about 3 weeks in I started to achieve an orgasm and about 5 weeks I was reaching a screaming o full on body arching contractions. You get the idea. Well I stopped the meds and things went to the way they used to be in about 8 weeks. So I started trying to figure out which med gave me back the ability. It came down to the Spiro. The only other health problems are I'm paralyzed in my right leg, I am needing a knee replacement, and a few digestive issues. But I don't think these are related. But the Spiro has an accumulative affect. (Will not work over night)

searchingforcure11

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2010, 07:49:34 PM »
Do you need prescription?

NoFun

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2010, 09:41:12 PM »
Great that you can turn it on and off with the meds.

Can I assume by your reference to limp noodle that you're male?

An aldosterone receptor antagonist, anti androgen, and anti hypertensive? Apparently it is used for the transgendered. That make me nervous.

It is prescription, but online pharmacies don't seem so picky. At least it seems reasonably priced for a trial

« Last Edit: November 17, 2010, 09:55:12 PM by NoFun »

lauren

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2010, 04:57:02 AM »
Yes I am male. There are a lot of other uses for this medication. From what I have seen the dose for transgender is 200-400 mg a day. Plus there are also a lot of other meds in there regiment.  At this high of a dose after 6 months you will be sterile for life. Like I said stay below 100 and everything will work fine. Yes you have to have a script but I have been ordering from in house. Here is a link http://www.inhousepharmacy.biz/heart-health/spironolactone.html . I have used this sight for 6 years now. I have never been ripped off and I have never had an order stopped by customs. They are always here in 3-4 weeks from the order date. If you like I can find the links to the tg stuff I found showing the extremely higher dosage.

lostmojo

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2010, 05:18:07 AM »
I notice that Spironolactone is mentioned in relation to treatment of acne.

I had acne as a teen but it was fairly mild in my early teens. I don't remember the exact time but as I got older it got much worse. That time would correspond fairly closely with when my orgasms and overall sensation started to rapidly diminish. Eventually I tried some tetracyclines (I think it was Mysteclin) to treat the acne but they didn't help, again I really don't remember the dates to know if this was before or after the EA started.

Could there be a link between acne and EA? We have certainly pursued stranger theories than this so it's probably worth some research.

lauren

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2010, 08:27:28 AM »
One of the causes of acne is the hormone increase during puberty. Spiro's purpose is a male hormone blocker the more you take the more it blocks.

I entered puberty late 15 or 16 and lost the ability to orgasm at 17. So I would link it to the production in hormones. And since I am taking this blocker at a low dose and the ability has returned. I think I am right in my case. I just hope it will help others as it has helped me. As I said before I did not know there were others I thought I was all alone with this. I discovered this (Spiro) years ago and  fathered a daughter since I have been on it. LOL my first at 27. I would say that this stopped me having sex at a younger age.

Also for any that want to try this. What I would recommend since it is an accumulative affect

day 1-7 start at 200 mg a day 100 am 100 pm
day 8-13 100 mg a day 50 am 50 pm
day 14-25 50 a day just am

once your at 50 a day you will need to adjust the level to your own hormone balance. You may require less or more. But you have a large window to play with add a Lil or take a Lil away . But try each level for at least 2 weeks. Since it does take time to work.

invest in a pill splitter I buy the 100 mg and just cut them in half cheaper this way.

Side affects I have to go to the bathroom more often. I have also noticed I have a lot clear thought and I lost the mentality of my car is faster then your car. LOL.

In reference to the tg issue. You will not grow boobs or become a girl. All bodies male or female both produce testosterone and estrogen. But in different amounts. Testosterone is a blocker for estrogen. In the male body.  But I am not blocking the testosterone just lowering it. A glass of bear with hops has more estrogen in it then your body will produce in a day (male of course.) Bet you did not know that. Plus you will have to add progesterone (another female hormone) in the mix this is the hormone to grow the boobs. Which we don't produce.

So don't worry about the tg issue.

I am not a DR so take what I said as a grain of salt. I am not encouraging you to do this nor am I disencouraging. I do suggest you consult you DR. Before you start this. I have to cover my ass. LOL.

I wish every one the best of luck. But I am sorry I don't think it will fix everybody but hey if it helps out 50% it would be nice.  I will answer any questions to the best of my ability that pertain to this.

searchingforcure11

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2010, 09:07:59 AM »
NoFun are you saying online you can order it without a prescription?  You said online pharmicies arent so picky so I wasnt sure what you were referring to.  I am just not sure a doctor would prescribe it for me. 

lauren

« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2010, 09:38:51 AM »
http://www.inhousepharmacy.biz/heart-health/spironolactone.html you can order it on line here without a prescription.

searchingforcure11

« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2010, 10:10:13 AM »
I probably will start at the smallest dosage I can just to see if any reactions occur at first.  Sometimes pills can make you feel sick.  Worth a shot.  Just have to be careful it is prescription so probably kind of strong.

lauren

« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2010, 10:59:15 AM »
Yes it is strong but I have seen recommendations of 400mg a day on some sights. So I would say 50mg a day would be safe. It has been for me. But were not all the same.

searchingforcure11

« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2010, 12:12:09 PM »
Ya should be but you never know.  Have to start at the very lowest dosage and see how it makes me feel.  So I wonder what the science is behind why its working for you.  Affects hormones you say so it must have something to do with our hormone levels why we experience no pleasure.

NoFun

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2010, 06:20:48 PM »
Spiro's purpose is a male hormone blocker the more you take the more it blocks.
I wish every one the best of luck. But I am sorry I don't think it will fix everybody but hey if it helps out 50% it would be nice.  I will answer any questions to the best of my ability that pertain to this.
If it helps anyone, it would be nice. Particularly since you could turn it on and off, it seems like a real solution for you, instead of just some coincidence.

Have you ever had hormone blood tests taken? I'd be interested to know your androgen and estrogen levels, particularly before and after.

Do you have detailed information on Spironolactone, particularly it's antiandrogenic effect? It seems that it binds to androgen receptors and mineralocorticoid receptors, but I haven't seen anything indicating the binding affinity relative to testosterone, dht, and estrogen, or the precise action it has at the receptor once bound - antagonist, partial agonist, inverserse agonist, etc.

searchingforcure11

« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2010, 07:53:30 AM »
I am not getting my hopes up.  Others have been cured with different things and we try what they try and it doesnt work.  Seems like it is pretty much relative to the person taking certain things.  It seems there is many different factors effecting our condition.  What helps one person doesnt necessarilly help the next person.  Worth a shot though.  Hope there is no long term effect with this drug.  Anyone else in here going to give this a try?