Author Topic: What kind of music do you listen/dance to?  (Read 7508 times)

rizsa

What kind of music do you listen/dance to?
« on: August 18, 2010, 07:46:12 PM »
There has been some speculation about EA going hand in hand with general anhedonia. Someone posted they didn't like to dance.

Is there anyone on the forum who normally listens to / likes dance music (or any other kind of upbeat music) and/or likes to dance, let it be saturday night clubbing or taking dance lessons?

searchingforcure11

Re: What kind of music do you listen/dance to?
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2010, 08:33:03 PM »
I do not like to dance.  I tend to prefer slow beat romantic music as opposed to upbeat.  I feel weird dancing.

NoFun

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2010, 02:26:35 PM »
Is there anyone on the forum who normally listens to / likes dance music (or any other kind of upbeat music) and/or likes to dance, let it be saturday night clubbing or taking dance lessons?
I do a lot of dancing and enjoy it a lot. I've done ballroom, salsa, and swing, but it's mainly salsa these days. My favorite dance music is probably Sinatra or Bobby Darin big band swing from the the 50s.

When I started I was spectacularly awful, but I kept at it, and actually got something of a high from it a couple of times early on when I was just starting to catch on.

lostmojo

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2010, 05:27:22 PM »
Like Dan I feel weird dancing, very weird, it's just feels unnatural. Perhaps this is because I have a chemical imbalance in my brain, but I don't know if this is true and if there could be any connection to how it makes you "feel" when you move. I wonder if any studies have shown a link between general anhedonia and desire to dance, I doubt if they've even considered that.

Apart from that I do love music, but not dance music. Melodical pop, psychedelic rock, power pop, heavy(ish) rock with a driving beat (not heavy metal). Music does move me, a really great song, or better still a phenomenal live concert really transports me to another place!

searchingforcure11

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2010, 10:59:56 PM »
Ya but I never was into dancing even at an early age but I had orgasms back then no problem.  I am convinced the anti depressants have really caused our problems.  I took effexor and I could not get off that drug.  It was so strong that I had to break the pills in half because the withdrawal symptoms were so severe.  I never had problems with orgasms up until taking them pills.  At first I was able to start to orgasms back but tehy were not as intense and over time it just has gotten worse.  But occasionally I do have a decent orgasm so I konw its possible.  Could be a chemical imbalance caused by the antidepressants though.

revanslacey

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2013, 04:08:56 PM »
I have always found that I feel wooden and awkward when dancing.  When I was young discos were scary places where guys would stand around looking hard and the girls would seem difficult to talk to.  I've tried lots of partner dancing and feel somewhat pressured to perform as I am responsible for leading the woman's pleasure (link?)  One thing that I've found to be good for me is contact improvisation.  It is kind of like collaborative wrestling.  Nice to have physical contact with girls (and guys) without the pressure of pulling (or competing).  A couple of times I've felt (rather than thought that I should be) attracted to a partner.  Perhaps this is how most people experience sexual attraction?