Author Topic: Supplements, good or bad - post here  (Read 49248 times)

lostmojo

Supplements, good or bad - post here
« on: February 04, 2010, 02:50:21 AM »
The things is that everybody is different, what works for one person may not necessarily work for others. This topic is to post what you've tried whether they worked for you or not. Share your experiences so that we can all benefit.

---

This one was developed by one of the best herbalists in the world.

Night Gain product description: "Restores youthful hormones, renews sexual essence, enhances anabolic processes, detoxifies the liver."

Product sheet: http://www.naturahealthproducts.com/cms/images/stories/retailproductsheets/night-gain-product-sheet.pdf

Distributors: http://naturahealthproducts.com/cms/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=40&Itemid=127
« Last Edit: February 20, 2010, 03:12:12 AM by lostmojo »

Alan19email

Re: Supplements, good or bad - post here
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2010, 10:44:56 AM »
This has a lot of good stuff in it. It does seem that that is what we are after here, to make our bodies work like they are supposed to be working. Thanks for sharing that.

lostmojo

Baseline Nutritionals Men's Formula
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2010, 04:08:49 AM »
Thank you Alan19email, here is another one.

Jon Barron calls himself a "nutraceutical researcher" and he has brilliant knowledge.

The Baseline Nutritionals Men's Formula product description: "Restore Your Energy & Performance"

Product details: http://www.baselinenutritionals.com/products/mens-formula.php
« Last Edit: February 07, 2010, 02:44:22 AM by EA Admin »

lostmojo

Inositol
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2009, 02:35:13 PM »
Originally posted on the old site.

Overview

Inositol (unofficially referred to as "vitamin B8") functions closely with choline. It is not recognized as a vitamin as the body and intestinal bacteria can make it in limited quantities, and no deficiency states have been reported.

Inositol is found in the brain, nerves, muscles, bones, reproductive organs, stomach, kidney, spleen, liver and heart. The highest levels of Inositol are found in the heart and brain. It is a major component of lecithin. It is part of the membranes (outer coverings) of all cells, and plays a role in helping the liver process fats as well as contributing to the function of muscles and nerves.

Mood disorders

Inositol is sometimes used to treat mental disorders. Researchers involved in a 1997 double-blind controlled trial assessed the effect of 12g daily of Inositol in 28 depressed patients for four weeks. The results showed significant improvement in symptoms compared to placebo. The same researchers also tested the effectiveness of Inositol supplements in panic disorders and obsessive compulsive disorder, and found beneficial effects.

People who are depressed may have lower than normal levels of Inositol in their spinal fluid. In addition, Inositol participates in the action of serotonin, a neurotransmitter known to be a factor in depression. Neurotransmitters are chemicals that transmit messages between nerve cells.

Jaderr

Testosterone
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2009, 05:06:10 AM »

Well, this theory that testosterone increase sexual pleasure and orgasm, has fallen down. At least nobody amongst around 100 people had great results by using laboratorial or injectable testosterone. I myself have tried it as a first attempt to heal my problem, and sadly I just got disappointed. Perhaps there is some other hormones, or something else closing the receptors for testosterone, nobody knows, all I know is that unlike the famous theory of testosterone increasing sexual desire and pleasure, doesn't work for most of the people with sexual anhedonia.

And DHEA really helps to increase blood testosterone in an almost natural way, But unfortunately it doesn't help on achieving greater orgasms, besides some research in Australia says DHEA helps women to achieve orgasm and to have stronger orgasms.

Jaderr

Passion Rx
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2009, 05:33:44 AM »

Since testosterone doesn't make a noticeable difference, also these herbs cocktails and blends makes no bigger difference on me, besides theoretically it should make at least a small difference by containing so many plants with so many sexual boosting indications, it doesn't.

This divergence between theory and practical results on our case is an old friend.

I am just saying this so people don't buy these product and waste time and money trying it, but if you still want to try and comment your result, you are welcome!

Alan19email

Re: Baseline Nutritionals Men's Formula
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2010, 10:37:19 PM »
Thank you Alan19email, here is another one.
Jon Barron calls himself a "nutraceutical researcher" and he has brilliant knowledge.
The Baseline Nutritionals Men's Formula product description: "Restore Your Energy & Performance"
Product details: http://www.baselinenutritionals.com/products/mens-formula.php

ALAN: I just had a few minutes to check out the ingredients in this formula and it seems to have just about everything in it alright. It is EXTREMELY expenisve however. Sixty drops is a lot to take, a full two droppers full, there can't be that much in that tiny bottle either. However if I knew for sure that it worked...

lostmojo

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2010, 03:30:53 AM »
I agree Alan, it's a pity it's so expensive.

Here is a link to an article by Charles Poliquin about a product of his called Ãœber-Inositol. Charles Poliquin is considered by some to be the foremost strength and conditioning coach in the world. He is also the first trainer who claims to be able to "spot reduce" fat deposits on the body. Interestingly his product contains Magnesium Glycinate as well because he says it supports the nervous system.

To read more: http://www.charlespoliquin.com/ArticlesMultimedia/Articles/article.aspx?ID=210

lostmojo

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2010, 03:49:34 AM »
Alan19email because you've had so many health problems here is something that may be of great interest to you, vitamin D3.

"The bottom line is that virtually every disease and adverse health condition is associated with low vitamin D3 levels. Consequently, many of these problems may be fixed with adequate vitamin D3 supplementation, or can be avoided by keeping vitamin D3 levels in the high normal range."

Read more here: http://www.charlespoliquin.com/ArticlesMultimedia/Articles/Article.aspx?ID=230

AlBrown

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2010, 09:14:36 PM »
Maca worked well for me in terms of libido.  I experimented with it awhile back and after a week or two it kicked in and my sex drive seemed to elevate.  It did not have any effect on EA or penile sensitivty though.  If or when I regain normal orgasms I plan to use it again to jump start my recovery to normal sexual function.  As of now, my libido is almost non existent which I feel is a secondary effect from the EA and ED.  Basically in my current state, my body seems to be saying if the juice ain't worth the squeeze...why bother.  Hence the low libido.  I feel if I ever have a normal orgasm again everything else should hopefully fall back into place.

I used the "Now" version of Maco @500mg per pill.

Alan19email

« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2010, 09:56:49 AM »
lostmojo to ALAN:  because you've had so many health problems here is something that may be of great interest to you, vitamin D3.

ALAN: Yes, exactly right. Two of my doctors have stressed the important of supplementing with Vitamin D-3. I buy Andrew Weil's product and on cloudy overcast days I take up to 6,000 IU and it helps EVERYTHING! Thanks for sharing that. I am in total agreement that the healthier we make our bodies the better.

Alan19email

« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2010, 10:09:05 AM »
AlBrown wrote: Maca worked well for me in terms of libido. 

ALAN: I liked what Maca did for me. I have to be careful not to overdose with it or I get a fevor and have night sweats all night long. It really stimulates the adrenals into production. A very potent natural medicine.

rizsa

« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2010, 10:19:28 AM »
I tried Twinlab GABA Plus, without any succes. Took 60 capsules so far, 2-4/day.

I recently added 5-HTP (by Healthy America). The daily dosage contains 100 mg of 5-HTP. This doesn't seem to help either in any way, but I've been only taking this for a week. I will keep you posted. I'm also thinking of taking 4 caps, so 200 mg of 5-HTP. Somewhere I read you should take between 50 and 300 mg...
« Last Edit: February 17, 2010, 10:30:12 AM by rizsa »

rizsa

« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2010, 10:25:23 AM »
Another product I tried is TWINLAB  Horny Goat Weed, as every day it gets harder and harder for me to get hard.
http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/tl/weed.html

I tried 2 capsules per day, as suggested by Twinlab, but didn't notice anything. How long should this be taken? I was under the impression that it should work instantly, as on one site I read it is recommended to take it 2 hours before intercourse.

Maybe 2 caps are not enough? Or was it another Horny Goat Weed manufacturer people had success with?

AlBrown

« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2010, 08:02:59 PM »
I am curious about the goat weed as well.  Twin Labs seems to be a reputable supplier so I may try that unless others chime in with another brand they had success with.  Definitely something I plan to try...